Odd Fellows Stand-up Comedy Class
Have you have ever wanted to try stand-up comedy, professionally or just for family and friends? If so, this is the class for you.
This seven-week training class, scheduled for early 2024, will focus on the writing, development, and presentation of original material. Jack Gallagher, a professional comedian, will work with each person on story development, stage
presence, connecting with the audience, microphone technique, and more. The goal is for each person to develop five minutes of material, culminating in a performance for family, friends, and the public. You bring your own ideas: Jack
will work with you to transform your ideas into a funny routine.
Jack Gallagher has been a professional comedian for over 45 years. With appearances on television, in movies, and on stage, he knows what makes something funny and entertaining.
- Class schedule in 2024: Six Tuesday evenings of instruction (7 to 9 pm): January 23, 30 and February 6, 13, 20, 27 at the Davis Odd Fellows Hall.
- Performance: The seventh class is a public show at the Davis Odd Fellows Hall with each participant presenting a five-minute stand-up routine. The performance is scheduled for Tuesday, March 5, 7 pm.
- Class size: Limited to eight students, assuring that everyone gets maximum attention, stage time, and bang for the buck. Class spots are offered first to members of the Davis Odd Fellows.
- Included with class: Jack works with each person on their own original material during each week when not meeting, as well as giving individual attention to review and punch up the material.
- Class fee: $400 per person. Payable to Jack Gallagher during the first week of class.
- Sign up: Email the Comedy Club Committee’s representative, Charles Filmer, at email@example.com.
- Testimonials and questions: Have questions or want testimonials from the eight Odd Fellows who took the class in early 2023? Contact Charles Filmer.