Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Odd Theatre Committee. Odd Theatre meets tonight (February 16th) at 6 p.m. in the Committee Room. Join us to plan upcoming events: Theater Trip, Children’s Concert, Improv Night, First Degree presentation, and more!
2. Grand Lodge Sessions. The Grand Lodge meets in Modesto for four days starting May 11th. I would like to encourage all members to come out and see the Grand Lodge at work, as well as support Brother Dave Reed as he is installed as Deputy Grand Master. This is also a great opportunity to meet members of other California Lodges.
3. CommuniCare Diaper Drive. Thank you to those who brought diapers to the Saturday Breakfast Meeting! The CommuniCare Diaper Drive continues through to the end of the month. If you would like to donate, feel free to bring packages of New Born to Size 3 diapers to the Lodge Committee Room and we’ll take care of them from there. If you would like to make a monetary donation, checks can be made out to “CommuniCare- Diaper Drive”.
4. Academic Scholarship Committee Deadline: April 15th. Visit https://www.davislodge.org/lodge-documents/ for more information and the application, under the heading “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge Scholarship.
5. Picnic Day Float. The Picnic Day Float Committee would like to encourage all committees to make signs and join the float on April 16th.
6. Lodge Wi-Fi Information. To connect to the Wi-Fi in the lodge, the Network name is “OddNet” and the password is LittleRedBook.
7. Yolo Healthy Aging Alliance. On April 3rd from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., there will be a Yolo Healthy Aging Alliance Fundraiser, co-sponsored by our Community Support Committee. For more information visit http://yolohealthyaging.org/
8. Adopt-a-Highway Committee. The next date for highway clean-up is February 27 at 12:30pm (weather permitting). If you are interested in participating, please email Sheryl Cambron at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Steele at email@example.com.
9. Take A Hike Committee. Next hike at Pierce Canyon Falls on February 28th. Contact Dave Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join or for more information.
10. Cigar Lounge Committee. Back by popular demand! For those of you who like to enjoy an occasional fine cigar and some good conversation, the Cigar Lounge Committee will meet at 1 p.m. on Sunday February 28, at the Hatuey Cigar Shop, 2201 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95818. The Hatuey Cigar Shop is loaded with their own brand of cigars – quite good, fresh and a large assortment. Open to any member or pledge. We can teach newcomers the proper way to enjoy a fine cigar.
11. Music Committee presents Thursday Live! On March 3rd, Thursday Live! Will feature Joe Craven and The Sometimers. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 7:30 p.m.
13. Odd Fellows Wine Club. Next gathering will be Friday, March 11, 7:00PM at the home of Diane and John Steele.
14. Second Sunday Bingo! Come play bingo for Team BaldFellows on March 13th! Doors open at Noon, games begin at 1PM.
15. Children’s Concert with Ed Lewis *CHANGE IN TIME*. Young children ages 2-10 years old are invited to join Ed Lewis in an interactive performance at the Davis Odd Fellows Lodge. Enjoy storytelling, puppetry, singing, and dancing! March 12th, 1 p.m.– 2 p.m. Admission is free, donations are kindly accepted.
16. Odd Fellows Book Club. The first book for the Odd Fellows Book Club is Where the Dead Pause, and the Japanese Say Goodbye: A Journey, by Marie Mutsuki Mockett. The book club will meet to discuss the book on Tuesday March 15th at 6pm. For questions, send an email to Heather Barnes at email@example.com.
17. The Davis Rebekahs Present: Bollywood Night! The Davis Rebekahs are hosting a Bollywood fundraiser, happening April 2nd, 2016 at our Davis lodge at 7:00PM! To purchase tickets or for more information please visit their Eventbrite page: https://davisrebekahbollywood.eventbrite.com
18. Golf Committee. The following Odd Golfers have expressed interest in playing: Charles Filmer, Jeff Oblinger, John Knotts, Greg Simmons, David Hafter, Chuck White, and Darrell Pereira. Please let Charles know if you wish to be added to the list of players to be notified of activities (firstname.lastname@example.org). Initially, we have scheduled the very odd time of the Wednesday afternoon before the third Thursday of each month to play a round of golf. Other dates and activities (group lessons, driving range, etc) can be proposed.
19. 2016 Lodge Dues are Now Due. Annual dues to be an Odd Fellow are a reasonable $55. 2016 dues are now due to the Financial Secretary Duff Devine. Checks should be payable to “Davis Odd Fellows” or pay online via PayPal at https://www.davislodge.org/membership-renewal/. Be sure to include your name as part of the PayPal order. If any member is having financial challenges paying dues, contact Dave Rosenberg at email@example.com. We have a fund available to help and the matter will be handled with complete confidentiality and privacy.
20. Possible Committees. Recently there has been some interest expressed in starting a couple of new fun committees: Odd Skiers (Snow Skiing) and Odd Anglers (Fishing). If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know! As of today, there has been more interest in fishing than there has been in skiing… not that they are competing, I’m just saying that fishing is more fun.
21. Chocolate Committee. For your long range calendars, the Chocolate Festival will be on November 6th.
22. 1000 Mentors for Youth Committee. A new committee has been formed to help youth of all ages access opportunities and reach their potential through connecting with mentors in a variety of situations. For example, Ed Lewis volunteers with the Writing Buddies program that teaches mentors how to help children improve their writing skills. If you are interested, please contact Ed Lewis at email@example.com.
23. Team Baldfellows Fight Cancer. Our Lodge has organized a team of Odd Fellows, family, and friends to participate in the St. Baldrick’s head shaving fundraiser at de Vere’s Irish Pub on March 10, 2016, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. To donate or learn more, please visit https://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/teambaldfellows.
24. Sponsor Taste of Davis *LAST CALL FOR SPONSORS*. The Taste of Davis Committee cordially invites you to consider being listed as a Sponsor of the 2016 “Taste of Davis” – the biggest social event of the year. Hundreds of folks come to the Lodge to sample good food, wine, beer and desserts from some of our best local vendors. To participate in sponsoring, please contact Lea Rosenberg – (530) 756-0697 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Taste of Davis will be April 28, 2016.
25. Club Night at the Lodge This Thursday. Club Night at the Lodge- every Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Lodge, Lower Hall. A great social time for members, pledges and guests. BBQ Chicken, Mac and Cheese, and Sautéed Veggies at $7 per plate. Trivia Night at the Lodge with Trivia Master Kevin Sitz. Also, enjoy the big screen TV, the full bar, puzzles and table games, and socializing with members and guests. Presented by the Good Fellowship Committee.
26. Davis Odd Fellows Charities, Inc. Educational Scholarships. Deadline: March 1, 2016. The family of Triffle P. and Annie G. Ivancovic have made a generous financial contribution to establish a charitable fund called Davis Odd Fellows Charities, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) corporation, to operate a scholarship program for the benefit of orphans and young men and women who grew up in the foster care system. There are stringent requirements to qualify, but the fund is available for applicants from California and throughout the United States. Scholarships can be awarded in the range of $5,000 to $10,000. All eligibility and award decisions are made at the sole discretion of the corporation board of directors. To apply for a scholarship, there are two forms to fill out. The forms are found here: https://www.davislodge.org/lodge-documents/.