Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
Here are some more dates and events to remember.
1. Tomorrow: Live Music and Club Night. Tomorrow evening, November 5, we have two events at the Lodge. In the Upper Hall we have Thursday Live! music. Doors open at 7:00 and the music starts at 7:30 p.m. Open to all and always free (donations gratefully accepted). The Cups and Webster Walton Edwards will be performing. In the Lower Hall we have Club Night at the Lodge. Club Night is open to members, pledges and guests, starting at 5:00 p.m. Dinner (cheese ravioli with brown butter sauce, butternut squash, salad) will be available for those who want it for $7 per plate. The full bar will be open. And Trivia Night will be offered from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. with prizes. Trivia Masters will be Jean-Paul Montreuil and Heather Barnes.
2. Friday Casino Night Fundraiser. The Davis Lady Demons Fastpitch Organizaiton is hosting a casino night fundraiser at the Lodge this Friday, November 6. Doors open and casino games start at 6 p.m. Poker tournament starts at 7 p.m. It’s open to the public and the ticket price is $50. Lodge member Danny Tomasello’s two daughters play for this organization on the 16u and 14u teams.
3. Odd Fellows Bingo on Sunday. Second Sunday Bingo is coming up on November 8. Doors open at 12 noon and Bingo begins at 1:00 p.m. Cash prizes for winners, and the beneficiary this month will be the Center for Families.
4. Odd Hike to the Lake Berryessa Area. Our Lodge’s Take a Hike Committee is planning a 5.2 mile hike in the Lake Berryessa area, on Sunday, November 15. This is open to members, pledges, friends and family. For more information, contact Dave Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Odd Fellows Wine Club Meets on November 20. The next Odd Fellows Wine Club gathering will be coming up soon – on Friday, November 20, starting at 7 p.m. It will be hosted by Colleen and Phil Pacca in their lovely South Davis home. More information and details coming up in the next few days.
6. Adopt-a-Highway Committee Clean Up. Our Adopt-a-Highway Committee has a clean up day scheduled for Saturday, November 21. If you want to join this committee and help clean up the environment for a couple of hours, please contact the Committee Chair Sheryl Cambron at email@example.com or Committee Co-Chair John Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Tellabration Coming to the Lodge on November 22. Mark your calendars for a fun event at the Lodge on Sunday, November 22. It’s an afternoon of storytelling for teens and adults at the Lodge, from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. The event is sponsored by the Odd Theater Committee of the Davis Lodge and the National Storytelling Network and held in over 40 states and 9 countries! Also, live music by Driving South.
8. Run/Walk on Thanksgiving Day. “Running With the Turkeys” is a 5K run or walk on Thanksgiving Day (November 26). We only have three people signed up so far for our Odd Fellows team. We would like to have a few more. Good fun and good exercise! The event benefits the Yolo County Food Bank. For information or to join the team, contact Janis Rosenberg at email@example.com.
9. Our 45th Committee Has Formed. It’s good to have an odd number of committees again. I have just authorized a new committee (number 45) and designated a chair. The Odd Fellows Bowling Committee will be organizing bowling excursions in the near future. Contact Committee Chair Bob Dovi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in bowling!
10. Next Regular Lodge Meeting on Saturday, November 14. Mark your calendars for the next regular Davis Lodge meeting. It’s Saturday, November 14, with breakfast served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starting at 9:30 p.m. Note, also, that we have a special Lodge meeting on November 18 to initiate 8 new Lodge members. These will be our last Lodge meetings till January.