Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Club Night at the Lodge Tomorrow. Tomorrow evening, October 8, it’s Club Night at the Lodge again, from 5 to 8 p.m. Great relaxed social time. The full bar will be open and the big-screen TV will be on. Tomorrow evening is “Potluck Night” with an Italian theme. Please bring a dish to share.
2. Lodge Meeting Coming Up This Saturday. Make sure to come to our second Saturday Lodge Breakfast meeting on October 10. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. It’s a great breakfast and it’s free! We will open nominations for 2016 elected officers of the Lodge at this meeting. And we have lots of good stuff coming up in the next few months of this year including the OddtoberFest, the Halloween Party, Breakfast with Santa, our New Year’s Eve Party, and our Installation & Awards Dinner. We also have an initiation to talk about – that’s coming up on November 18.
3. Odd Fellows Bingo on Sunday. Here we are in our 8th year of Bingo at the Lodge, every Second Sunday. We have contributed well over $50,000 to local community and charity groups from Bingo proceeds. Plus the Bingo players get cash prizes. Bingo this Sunday benefits the Soroptimist International Club of Davis – they are using the proceeds to help girls at King High School achieve their dreams. Doors open at 12 noon and Bingo starts at 1 p.m. Thank you to our terrific Bingo Committee chaired by Jean-Paul Montreuil and Jeff Oblinger.
4. Odd Fellows Wine Club Meets Again. Open to members, pledges and guests, the Odd Fellows Wine Club will gather at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 23, at the home of Beth and Bob Dovi, 1816 Titian Place (in the Wildhorse subdivision), Davis. Bring one of your favorite Mendocino or Sonoma County wines to share and taste.
5. Halloween Costume Party Around the Corner. It’s coming! Our annual Lodge Halloween Party is right around the corner. The date is Saturday, October 24 at the Lodge, from 7 to 10 p.m.. Mark your calendars. Live music with the Gary Lee Yoder Band, costumes, prizes, and more. Contact Dave Reed for more information at email@example.com.
6. Visited Our Website Lately? The best Lodge website in North America can be found at www.davislodge.org. Pay it a visit. The site is maintained by Stewart Savage, long-time webmaster and chair of our Communications and Website Committee. Great job, Stewart.
7. OddtoberFest a Great Success. The 7th Annual OddtoberFest was Wunderbar. Thank you to Dave Rosenberg for once again organizing this fun event for Lodge members, pledges and guests.
8. Interested in Joining Our New Needlecraft Committee? Yes, I have designated a new Lodge committee and appointed Kathy Hemness as chair. This new committee is open to anyone who is interested in knitting, crocheting, needlepoint/embroidery, quilting, sewing, and perhaps also weaving, spinning, macrame and bead-working. Six people have already signed up. Crafters – are you interested? If so, please contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will have its first meeting within a week.
9. Red Books Available. If you hold the Third Degree of Odd Fellowship, you are eligible to own your own charge book (the “red book”). We have purchased a number of them for sale. Buy one, put your name in it, and it’s yours to keep. The books can be purchased for $15 (checks payable to “Davis Lodge”). Please reply to this e-mail if you wish to have your own red book.
10. Last Chance to Reserve for the October 17 Reception. We have a reception at the Lodge on Saturday, October 17, from 2 to 5:30 p.m., including lunch, to honor the 7 Grand Lodge Officers and the 6 Rebekah Assembly Officers. This is the first time such a statewide reception has been held at the Davis Lodge, and there will be Odd Fellows and Rebekahs from all over the state. Let’s have a great turnout from our Lodge. If you are interested in attending, the deadline to RSVP is October 12 (just five days from now). Please contact Sherry Pruitt for more information: email@example.com.