Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Two Great Events Tomorrow. This Thursday, October 1, we have two great events for you at the Lodge. Come on by and make it a “two-fer”. Starting at 5 p.m. in the Lower Hall we will enjoy Club Night at the Lodge. Great relaxed social time. The full bar will be open. Beef enchilada dinner is available for $7. And in the Upper Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. and music begins at 7:30 p.m. It’s Thursday Live! music at the Lodge. This week several groups are included and they are all featuring the music of Bob Dylan. Free show open to all, donations welcome.
2. Annual OddtoberFest is This Sunday. We have 85 RSVP’s for the Davis Lodge’s unique “OddtoberFest”, this year with a live 5-piece German band, great Bavarian dinner, and lots of door prizes. Lasts chance to RSVP by Thursday. The Fest is this Sunday, October 4, at the Lodge Upper Hall, doors open at 5 p.m. and dinner is available at 6 p.m. Come by for a Guten Abend. For more information contact Dave Rosenberg at email@example.com.
3. Lodge Meeting Coming Up on October 10. Make sure to come to our second Saturday Lodge Breakfast meeting on October 10. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. We will open nominations for 2016 elected officers of the Lodge at this meeting. And we have lots of good stuff coming up in the next few months of this year including the OddtoberFest, the Halloween Party, Breakfast with Santa, our New Year’s Eve Party, and our Installation & Awards Dinner. We also have an initiation to talk about – that’s coming up on November 18.
4. Halloween Costume Party Around the Corner. It’s coming! Our annual Lodge Halloween Party is right around the corner. The date is Saturday, October 24 at the Lodge, from 7 to 10 p.m.. Mark your calendars. Live music with the Gary Lee Yoder Band, costumes, prizes, and more. Contact Dave Reed for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Interested in Joining our New Needlecraft Committee? Yes, I have designated a new Lodge committee and appointed Kathy Hemness as chair. This new committee is open to anyone who is interested in knitting, crocheting, needlepoint/embroidery, quilting, sewing, and perhaps also weaving, spinning, macrame and bead-working. Crafters – are you interested? If so, please contact Kathy at email@example.com.
6. Running With the Turkeys. The annual “Running With the Turkeys” is a 5K run and walk event. It’s Thanksgiving Day at 8 a.m. (November 26), starting at Heritage Plaza in Downtown Woodland. Hey! Let’s form an Odd Fellows Turkey Run/Walk Team. Chairing this event for the Lodge is Janis Rosenberg. Please contact Janis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be part of the Odd Fellows Team. This event benefits the Yolo Food Bank – helping to feed the hungry in this county.
7. Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival A Great Success. This is the fourth installment of our very popular Classic Film Festival was a terrific success. Over 200 people attended the three screening. All expenses have been paid, and the Classic Film Committee provided $100 to the Lodge treasury. The Committee is pumped to do the fifth installment in the Spring.
8. Adopt-a-Highway Committee Launched. The Davis Odd Fellows have a stretch of Highway 113 from Road 29 to Road 27, going north. The Committee had its first meeting, trained volunteers with the safety video and did its first highway clean up on September 26. The “Odd Fellows Lodge” highway sign will be installed in the next couple of weeks. Sheryl Cambron and John Steele are in charge of this committee, doing good environmental work and creating more visibility for our Lodge. For more information, you can contact Sheryl at email@example.com or John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Odd Fellows Theater Group Forming. Are you a thespian at heart? We have a Davis Odd Fellows Theater Committee in formation. And they have ideas for some interesting projects. One of the fun projects coming up will be on Sunday, November 22, at the Lodge, from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mark your calendars. The event is called “Tellabration!” and it is a worldwide afternoon of theatrical storytelling (tall tales, folklore, adventure and more). Contact Jenna Templeton for more information at email@example.com.
10. Help a Senior in Town. Duff Devine is the new chair of our Senior Project Committee. If you want to help a Senior in town with some chore around their house. please contact Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. “Wayfinder” Signs in the Downtown. If you look around downtown Davis, you will see the city has installed “wayfinder” signs giving directions to important public buildings and parks. Only two private buildings are listed on some of these signs. The Davis Odd Fellows is one of those listings (the other is the Pence Gallery).