Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. A Wonderful Reception for the Grand Master. Over 130 Odd Fellows and Rebekahs attended the reception last Saturday evening to congratulate new Grand Master of California Dave Rosenberg and new Rebekah Assembly President Donna Morrison. I was pleased to see about 20 Davis Odd Fellows in attendance! Dave and Kurt Roggli performed quite an interesting comedy routine. They are the new Abbott and Costello of one-liners.
2. Let’s Get Into the Turkey Trot. The Turkey Trot is a 5K run and walk event. It’s Thanksgiving Day at 8 a.m. (November 26). Hey! Let’s form an Odd Fellows Team. Chairing this event for the Lodge is Janis Rosenberg. Please contact Janis at email@example.com if you want to be part of the Odd Fellows Team.
3. Club Night This Thursday. Our next Club Night at the Lodge is this coming Thursday, September 17, in the Lower Hall, from 5 to 8 p.m. A meal will be provided for $7 per plate for those who choose to have dinner at the Lodge. This Thursday it will feature Chicken Cacciatore. The full bar will be open. The big screen TV will be on. Nothing special is planned. Just come on by to relax and socialize with your Lodge friends.
4. The Odd Fellows Wine Club on Friday. Also, after a summer break, our Odd Fellows Wine Club (open to members, pledges and guests) will gather to sample fine wine this Friday, September 18, at 7 p.m. at the Woodland home of Dody and Landy Black, 934 Jordan Circle, Woodland. The event starts at 7 p.m. Bring a white blend or a red blend to share. Appetizers are welcomed. Open to members, pledges and guests.
5. Last Call for the Sunday Hike. How about an urban hike in San Francisco? That’s the plan on Sunday, September 20. For more information on how to join this Odd Fellows hike (open to members, pledges, family and friends) contact Dave Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our “Take a Hike” Committee for this fun hike in San Francisco.
6. RSVP to Visit the Historic Volcano Lodge. Last chance to RSVP. The visit is net Saturday, September 19. It’s well worth the visit – like a step back through time. We will have a short visit at the Lodge and then walk down the street to a historic hotel for lunch. We have a wonderful set lunch with two entrees to choose from, all for $18 including tax and tip. Can’t beat this memory. Make sure to RSVP to Nancy Johnson at email@example.com to reserve your spot. This is the last call. We already have 34 folks signed up to go!
7. Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival is Back. Wow. We had 80 members of the public attend our first screening this evening of “Double Indemnity” this evening – our largest crowd ever. This is the fourth installment of our very popular Classic Film Festival. The screenings are free and open to the public. Next one is Sunday, September 20 “The Big Sleep.” Renowned film reviewer Derrick Bang will give the back story for all these classic Film Noir. Doors open for the Classic Film Fest at 6:29 p.m. and the films are shown starting at 7:01 p.m. (odd times, of course). “Kiss Me Deadly” is the third film, coming up on Sunday, September 27.
8. Adopt-a-Highway Committee Meets Soon. We are official. The Davis Odd Fellows have a stretch of Highway 113 from Road 29 to Road 27, going north. First gathering of the committee, chaired by Sheryl Cambron and assisted by John Steele, will be 7 p.m. on Thursday, September 24, at the Lodge. All are welcome who are interested in this environmental clean-up project. You must view a safety film. First roadway cleanup will be Saturday, September 26. And our IOOF highway sign will go up very soon.
9. “The Mysteries of the Odd Fellows”. Open to members and pledges. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Odd Fellows. All questions will be answered. The date is Tuesday, September 29, 7 p.m. in the Lower Hall. Hosted by Grand Master Dave Rosenberg.
10. Next Lodge Meeting of the Davis Odd Fellows. Make sure you come to our next Lodge meeting on Wednesday, September 23. Social hour with wine and snacks is at 6:15 p.m. The meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. Please come. We have lots to discuss and many projects coming up.
11. Music at the Lodge on October 1. Mark your calendars for Thursday Live! coming up on the first Thursday of next month, October 1, at the Lodge, Upper Hall. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. and live music begins at 7:30 p.m. All the musicians will feature the music of Bob Dylan. Should be quite a show.
12. Help a Senior in Town. Duff Devine is going to chair our Senior Project Committee, taking over from Michael Fullerton who is moving to Alaska. If you want to help a Senior in town with some chore around their house. please contact Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. RSVP for the October 17 Reception. For the first time in the history of Odd Fellows, our Lodge will host a joint lunch and reception for the seven Grand Lodge officers appointed by Grand Master Dave Rosenberg and the six Rebekah Assembly Officers appointed by Rebekah Assembly President Donna Morrison. Let’s make sure we have a GREAT turnout to showcase our Lodge. It’s only $15 per person. I have attached the invitation, with all the information and RSVP details. Make sure to RSVP to reserve your spot as space is limited.
14. OddtoberFest is Sunday, October 4. Mark your calendars for our annual Fest. Live music, German beer, Bavarian food, tons of door prizes. It’s an annual tradition. RSVP to email@example.com.