Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Next Lodge Meeting This Wednesday. Our Fourth Wednesday evening meeting is right around the corner. It’s this coming Wednesday, August 26. Social hour starts at 6:15 p.m. and the meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. Remember, this will be a closed and formal meeting as we are initiating new members into the Lodge. I hope we have a really good turnout of members to help initiate in our newest Lodge members. Pledges and guests are cordially invited to the social hour that precedes the meeting, but cannot attend this formal meeting.
2. No Club Night This Thursday. As noted in earlier e-mails, Club Night is taking a break for the month of August. But Club Night is back in September! The next Club Night will be Thursday, September 3.
3. Take a Hike with our Take a Hike Committee. How about an urban hike in San Francisco? That’s the plan on Sunday, September 20. For more information on how to join this Odd Fellows hike (open to members, pledges, family and friends) contact Dave Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. RSVP to Visit the Historic Volcano Lodge. Let’s car-pool to visit the historic and unique Volcano Lodge in Volcano, California. The visit is September 19. It’s well worth the visit – like a step back through time. We will have a short visit at the Lodge and then walk down the street to a historic hotel for lunch. Can’t beat this memory. Make sure to RSVP to Nancy Johnson at email@example.com to reserve your spot.
5. RSVP Now to Honor the Grand Master. Dave Rosenberg was elected Grand Master of California last May – the first time our Lodge has had a Grand Master. It is a tradition going back over 150 years that the home Lodge of the Grand Master hosts a reception for the Grand Master, and we are doing just that on September 12. Please see the attached invitation. We need to have a large turnout of our members to this big event. Lodge members from all over the state will be attending. Please RSVP now for this important reception. RSVP deadline is September 1. Our Lodge should have a good turnout for this event.
6. Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival Returns. This will be the fourth installment of our very popular Classic Film Festival. The screenings are free and open to the public. We will show three classic Film Noir on three successive Sundays in September: 13 (Double Indemnity), 20 (The Big Sleep) and 27 (Kiss Me Deadly). Mark your calendars! Renowned film reviewer Derrick Bang will give the back story for each film.
7. Help Needed. Vita Salmieri needs some help for a CASA child that she has been mentoring since he was in Junior High in Woodland. His name is Marcus, and he is now a sophomore in High School in Marysville. Vita travels 100 miles round trip every week to visit him. He is in dire need of a refurbished laptop computer. His current foster mom doesn’t have the money to buy one. Do any of you Odd Fellows have an extra laptop that can be given to Marcus for high school? If so, let me know, and let Vita know as well at firstname.lastname@example.org. And thank you, Odd Fellows. I know someone will come through because this is what Odd Fellows do!
8. And Save This Date. There is a big event at the Lodge on Saturday afternoon, October 17. I will say no more at this point, but mark your calendars to save the date! More to come later.