Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. “Neighbors for Nepal” – July 11. Our Lodge’s big community fundraiser to help raise money for the earthquake victims in Nepal is coming up in less than four weeks. The date is Saturday, July 11. Doors to the Lodge open at 5 p.m. Local Nepali food will be served from 5 to 8 p.m. Music begins at 6 p.m. including Nepali dance, costumes, and musical groups Barry “The Fish” Melton & Friends, According to Bazooka, Drivin’ South & More. YOU can help. Tickets are $40 each and the money is all used to help Nepal. Folks contributing $250 or more will be recognized. Tickets are available at Avid Reader Active in Downtown Davis and Common Grounds in South Davis.
2. Potluck at Club Night Tomorrow Evening. Club Night at the Lodge is tomorrow evening, June 25. It’s a potluck, so please bring a dish to share. Club Night at the Lodge is every Thursday evening from 5 to 8 p.m.
3. Next Lodge Meeting on July 11. Mark your calendars for the next Lodge meeting which is our Second Saturday morning breakfast meeting. The excellent breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. We have lots of fun things to talk about, so please attend.
4. 50-Year Concert by the Grateful Dead. A live 5-year concert performed by the Grateful Dead will be telecast at the Lodge on our big screen TV on Sunday, July 5, at 5 p.m. Doors open at 4 p.m. There will be a potluck and the cost is $5 per person – beverages will be provided. Contact Dave Reed at email@example.com for more information.
5. Get Connected on our Website. Our outstanding Webmaster and Chair of our Website and Communications Committee Stewart Savage invites each member to connect with the following link: http://eepurl.com/xZhyv. This is the link to enable members to subscribe to our general e-mail list. And that’s the system that allows folks to e-mail Lodge members. It also enables folks to receive the monthly website updates. It will take you less than one minute to sign up. And if you haven’t visited our website lately, please do – it’s the best IOOF website around: www.davislodge.org.
6. New and Better Wi-Fi at the Lodge. Our Hall Operations Manager Dody Black has arranged for the installation of a new and better Wi-Fi system at the Lodge. The old system was spotty (there were dead zones at the Lodge Hall) and relatively slow. The new system has full coverage within the Lodge Hall and is about 20 times faster. You still access it with the password: LittleRedBook. And the network is “Instaconnect IOOF”.
7. Bingo Benefits the Davis Shakespeare Ensemble. The Odd Fellows supports the arts! A new group has formed in Davis called “The Davis Shakespeare Ensemble” and that group is the beneficiary of Odd Fellows Bingo on Sunday, July 12. Please come out to play Bingo to support the plays of the Davis Shakespeare Ensemble. Doors open at noon and Bingo begins at 1 p.m.
8. Sign Lighting a Great Success. The lighting of our new (but antique) neon IOOF sign last night was a great success. We had close to 100 people last night, most of them Odd Fellows, and also Mayor Dan Wolk and City Manager Dirk Brazil. All Hall Board members (Dave Reed, Dave Rosenberg, Diana Schmiegel, Bob Bockwinkel, Joyce Trujillo, and Lea Rosenberg) were also there. Great articles in the local newspapers.