Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. 50-Year Concert by the Grateful Dead: Tomorrow. A live 50-year concert performed by the Grateful Dead in Chicago will be telecast at the Lodge on our big screen TV tomorrow, Sunday, July 5, at 5 p.m. Doors open at 4 p.m. There will be a potluck so bring a dish if you can, and the cost of $5 per person will cover beverages which will be provided. Contact Dave Reed at email@example.com for more information. Come on by!
2. “Neighbors for Nepal” – Next Saturday. Our Lodge’s big community fundraiser to help raise money for the earthquake victims in Nepal is coming up next Saturday, July 11. Doors to the Lodge open at 5 p.m. Local Nepali food will be served from 5 to 8 p.m. Music begins at 6 p.m. including Nepali dance, costumes, and musical groups Barry “The Fish” Melton & Friends, Zapata Viejo, According to Bazooka, Drivin’ South & More. YOU can help. Tickets are $40 each and the money is all used to help Nepal. Folks contributing $250 or more will be recognized. Tickets are available at Avid Reader Active in Downtown Davis and Common Grounds in South Davis. Also, late breaking news: Tickets can now be purchased on line from the convenience of your home: http://www.showclix.com/event/NeighborsforNepal. Let’s all support this worthy effort!!!
3. Next Lodge Meeting is Next Saturday. Mark your calendars for the next Lodge meeting which is our Second Saturday morning breakfast meeting (July 11). The excellent breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. We have lots of fun things to talk about, so please attend. We are the only Lodge around that has a Saturday breakfast meeting, so come by to experience this excellent way to have a meeting.
4. Reminder: Get Connected on our Website. Our outstanding Webmaster and Chair of our Website and Communications Committee Stewart Savage invites each member to connect with the following link: http://eepurl.com/xZhyv. This is the link to enable members to subscribe to our general e-mail list. And that’s the system that allows folks to e-mail Lodge members. It also enables folks to receive the monthly website updates. It will take you less than one minute to sign up. And if you haven’t visited our website lately, please do – it’s the best IOOF website around: www.davislodge.org.
5. New and Better Wi-Fi at the Lodge. Our Hall Operations Manager Dody Black has arranged for the installation of a new and better Wi-Fi system at the Lodge. The old system was spotty (there were dead zones at the Lodge Hall) and relatively slow. The new system has full coverage within the Lodge Hall and is about 20 times faster. You still access it with the password: LittleRedBook. And the network is “Instaconnect IOOF”.
6. Bingo Benefits the Davis Shakespeare Ensemble. The Odd Fellows supports the arts! A new group has formed in Davis called “The Davis Shakespeare Ensemble” and that group is the beneficiary of Odd Fellows Bingo on Sunday, July 12. Please come out to play Bingo to support the plays of the Davis Shakespeare Ensemble. Doors open at noon and Bingo begins at 1 p.m. It’s fun and you are doing good for the town. Our Bingo Committee, since its inception, has contributed well over $50,000 to local community and charitable causes. Thank you to Co-chairs Jean-Paul Montreuil and Jeff Oblinger, and the entire Bingo Committee.
7. Thursday Club Night Will be a Potluck. Mark your calendars. Club Night at the Lodge, brought to you by the Good Fellowship Committee, will be held on Thursday, July 9, from 5 to 8 p.m. It’s a potluck this week, so bring a dish to share. Also, it’s charades this week for those who wish to participate – with prizes! Pledge Claudia Lowe will be coordinating charades on Thursday.
8. Another Committee Has Formed. Our 38th Committee has just formed! If you are interested in joining our new Golf Committee, please contact Jeff Oblinger firstname.lastname@example.org or Charles Filmer at email@example.com, the Co-chairs.