Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Odd Hike on June 7. Our Take a Hike Committee has organized another hike to take place next Sunday, June 7, at China Camp State Park in San Rafael. There will be lunch after the hike. For more information, contact Chair of the Take a Hike Committee Dave Reed at email@example.com. The hike is open to members, pledges, family and friends.
2. Breakfast Meeting on June 13. Our Second Saturday Lodge Breakfast meeting is coming up on June 13. We are the only Lodge in California that has a monthly breakfast meetings, so make sure to come on by! Make sure to come for breakfast, but please stay for the meeting. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. The meeting typically takes 45-60 minutes.
3. Bingo Benefits our Davis Encampment. Our regular Second Sunday Bingo is coming up on June 14. Doors open at the Lodge at 12 noon and Bingo begins at 1 p.m. In June, the beneficiary of all proceeds is our own Davis Encampment – raising money to send kids to summer camp this summer. Please come out to play Bingo to help this worthy cause!
4. “Neighbors for Nepal” Event: July 11. The planning committee for “Neighbors for Nepal” has selected Saturday evening, July 11, as the date for a benefit for the earthquake victims in Nepal. It will be an evening of food and music – all proceeds going to help the people of Nepal. Please mark your calendars for Saturday, July 11. More information will follow. If you wish to help out with this big community event at the Lodge, please contact one of the chairs of the organizing committee: Dave Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or Arun Sen at email@example.com.
5. Dinner is Served at Club Night This Week. Club Night at the Lodge is this Thursday, June 4, starting at 5 p.m. in the Lower Hall. Chef Julie will prepare a meal to be served around 6 p.m. for $7 per plate for those who wish to partake. This is a casual and informal drop-in time for members, pledges and their guests. Bar is open, big-screen TV is on. Come on by!
6. Music at the Lodge This Thursday. Also this Thursday, in the Upper Hall, it’s Thursday Live! music, starting at 7:30 p.m. It’s Biscuits & Honey with a twist – they now have a five-piece band. Plus Joe Craven is back at the Lodge withe Joe Craven and the Sometimers. A great show coming up this Thursday, and it’s always open to the public and free (although donations are gratefully accepted for the performers).
7. Odd Fellows Wine Club Meets June 19. If you enjoy good wine and good company, mark your calendars for the Odd Fellows Wine Club gathering on Friday, June 19, at 7 p.m. at the home of Robin Dewey, 49 College Park, Davis. The wine club is open to members, pledges and their guests. More information will follow. If you would like to host a wine club in the future, contact Elysa Hillis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. 50-Year Concert by the Grateful Dead. A live 5-year concert performed by the Grateful Dead will be telecast at the Lodge on our big screen TV on Sunday, July 5, at 5 p.m. Doors open at 4 p.m. There will be a potluck and the cost is $5 per person – beverages will be provided. Contact Dave Reed at email@example.com for more information.
9. Work Week at Three Links Camp. The Odd Fellows own a rustic camp called “Three Links Camp” in Mi-Wuk Village (close to Sonora and not far from Yosemite). Every year, Odd Fellows go to the camp for a day or two or even a week, for “work week” to help paint, rake, repair and ready the camp for summer. If YOU and family members want to help out during work week, please let me know and I will shoot you more information. Work week this year is June 22 to 26 (followed by a camp festival on June 27-28). The camp will feed you during work week, and you can stay in a cabin, or bring your tent or camper.
10. Help Out at the Food Bank. Our Social Services Committee is helping out the Yolo County Food Bank on June 5 and 6. More help is needed. If you can volunteer to help the hungry, please contact Social Services Committee Chair Bob Schelen at firstname.lastname@example.org.