Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Two More Kudos. Grand Lodge Sessions in Modesto produced two more stars. Please join me in congratulating Heather Barnes, who was elected as a Director of the Odd Fellows Foundation Board of Directors. The Foundation operates low cost housing in Saratoga for the benefit of Odd Fellows and Rebekahs. Congratulations, Heather! Also, I wish to recognize and commend David Hafter, who traveled to Modesto last Thursday to provide the musical entertainment for the Social and Pizza Party hosted by incoming Grand Master Dave Rosenberg and incoming Rebekah Assembly President Donna Morrison. Everyone loved the music!
2. A Major Event on September 12. Please see the attached invitation, and mark your calendars. It is traditional in our Order that the Grand Master and Rebekah Assembly President are honored at a reception. Their own Lodges take the lead in organizing and attending. We are the host Lodge for Grand Master Dave Rosenberg, and I hope we will have a GREAT turnout for the planned reception on September 12. It is very convenient for us, as it will take place in Sacramento. All the details are on the attached invitation. RSVP’s are being accepted now. I hope many of us can attend.
3. Lodge Meeting on May 27. Our fourth Wednesday evening meeting of the Lodge will be May 27. Social hour starts at 6:15 p.m. (thank you, Sheryl Cambron, for agreeing to help with the snacks and appetizers for social hour), and the meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. Please note that social hour will be in the Lower Hall and the meeting will be in the Upper Hall. This will be a formal Lodge meeting with ritual and regalia. Pledges and guests may attend the social hour, but may not attend the meeting.
4. “Neighbors for Nepal” Event Date Set. The planning committee for “Neighbors for Nepal” has selected Saturday evening, July 11, as the date for a benefit for the earthquake victims. Mark your calendars. More information will follow. If you wish to participate in planning a community event to help Nepal, we have a special meeting coming up tomorrow, Tuesday, May 26, at 7:30 p.m. at the Lodge. You are welcome to come and help think through and start planning what we can do.
5. Club Night Is “Potluck Night” This Week. Reminder: Club Night at the Lodge is back this Thursday, May 21, starting at 5 p.m. IT’S POTLUCK TIME AGAIN. This is a favorite of Lodge members. A chef’s dinner will NOT be served. Instead, we ask you to bring a dish. The theme for Thursday will be Italian Potluck – so please bring spaghetti, lasagne, pizza, Italian salad, antipasto, fettuccine, garlic bread, etc. This is a casual drop-in time for members, pledges and their guests. Bar is open, big-screen TV is on. Just casual and informal. Come on by!