Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. The Big Five-Oh. Can you believe it? This is my 50th Noble Grand Report. I hope you continue to find them to be useful and informative.
2. Lodge Meeting on Wednesday, May 27. Mark your calendars. Our fourth Wednesday evening meeting of the Lodge will be May 27. Social hour starts at 6:15 p.m. (thank you, Sheryl Cambron, for agreeing to help with the snacks and appetizers for social hour), and the meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. Please note that social hour will be in the Lower Hall and the meeting will be in the Upper Hall. This will be a formal Lodge meeting with ritual and regalia. Pledges and guests may attend the social hour, but may not attend the meeting.
3. “Neighbors for Nepal” Meeting on Monday. Following the devastating earthquake in Nepal, a number of Odd Fellows and Pledges have determined that we can help. If you wish to participate in planning a community event to help Nepal, we have a special meeting coming up this Monday, May 11, at 7:30 p.m. at the Lodge. You are welcome to come and help think through and start planning what we can do. I have appointed a Neighbors for Nepal Committee and Dave Reed and Arun Sen have taken the lead in organizing this event.
4. Club Night Features Yummy Sandwiches and Trivia. Club Night at the Lodge is back on Thursday, May 14, starting at 5 p.m. This is a casual drop-in time for members, pledges and their guests. Bar is open, big-screen TV is on, and dinner is available at $7 per plate – this week BLT’s, turkey melt sandwiches, homemade potato salad, and fresh fruit. No special events planned – just casual and drop in. Come on by!
5. Installation in Modesto. Next Saturday, May 16, at 7:00 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel in Downtown Modesto (about a 90-minute drive from Davis on Highway 99) the 163rd Grand Master of California Odd Fellows will be installed, and it’s Dave Rosenberg from our own Lodge. The Installation is an open, public event and you are welcome to attend.
6. Co-hosted Event for Davis Community Meals. The Odd Fellows are co-hosting an event with Davis Community Meals at the Lodge Hall on Sunday, May 17, from 5 to 8 p.m. It’s called “Davis Cooks’ Showcase” and tickets are $45 per person. Contact Sheryl Cambron for tickets and information firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Hippie Fest, Anyone? David Hafter is performing as the opening act at the “Hippie Fest” at Plainfield Station, 11 a.m., May 17. Plainfield Station is located somewhere between Davis and Woodland at 23944 County Road 98. David is also performing in Modesto at a social hour and pizza party honoring Dave Rosenberg (incoming Grand Master) and Donna Morrison (incoming Rebekah Assembly President) on May 14 in at the DoubleTree Hotel.
8. Odd Fellows Go to the SF Giants. John Steele has snagged a bunch of tickets to a SF Giants game on Friday, May 29, against the Atlanta Braves. There are still a few tickets left! If you want to see a Giants game contact John at email@example.com for more information and tickets while they last! There will be a carpool for those who wish to carpool to SF.
9. Hall Board Meets on May 25. The Hall Board meets to Monday, May 25, starting at 5 p.m. in the Conference Room. The meeting is always open to members.
10. Send a Child to Summer Camp? Do you have a child or grandchild or niece or nephew you want to send to summer camp this summer? The Davis Encampment can help with expenses! Contact Sharla Cheney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Bingo to Benefit the Encampment. Please mark your calendars and come out to play Bingo at the Lodge on Sunday, June 14. Doors open at 12 and Bingo starts at 1 p.m. This Bingo benefits our own Davis Encampment to help raised money to send children to summer camp.