Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. No Club Night This Thursday. Remember, no Club Night at the Lodge this Thursday. Why? Because the entire Lodge will be the taken over for our big yearly fundraiser: A Taste of Davis. We are for all intents and purposes sold out! There will be a few tickets sold at the door, but advance ticket sales have been huge. And this event will also help our beneficiary this year: the Elderly Nutrition Program. Club Night is back on May 7. By the way, our last Club Night (on April 23) was a huge success. We had over 40 Odd Fellows, Pledges and guests attending!
2. Lodge Meeting on Saturday, May 9. Our second Saturday breakfast meeting comes up a week from this Saturday. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 9. Breakfast at 8:45 a.m. and meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
3. Great Fun on the Wine Tasting Trip to Amador. Earlier today we traveled to Amador County to visit three wineries and taste some wines. The group was smaller this time – only 24 wine travelers – but happy! Everyone had a great time. And the weather was perfect.
4. Our Guinness World Record Challenged. A community in the Netherlands is challenging our Guinness World Record (longest single line of bicycles in motion) which the Odd Fellows Lodge set in 2010. How dare they! But it’s all in good fun. Check out their website at www.hengelofietst.nl.
5. Music at the Lodge on May 7. Our Music and Concerts Committee is hosting another great show at the Lodge on Thursday, May 7, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Meredith Axelrod, Gary Yoder & Friends. Always a good show at the Lodge.
6. Wine Club Meets Again on May 8. The Odd Fellows Wine Club returns on Friday, May 8, at 7 p.m. at the home of Ann Rhyther and Rene Gomez. Details will follow, but for now – mark your calendars.
7. Cold Shot Plays. Our Lodge members, Rene Martucci and Richard Urbino (known as “Cold Shot”) are playing at the Graduate on Friday, May 1, from 6 to 9 p.m.