Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Bingo Today. Our active Bingo Committee hosts Second Sunday Bingo at the Lodge again, today, April 12. The beneficiary is Camp Kesem. Doors open at noon, and Bingo play begins at 1 p.m. Bingo is open to the public. You must be over 18 to attend and play. Our Bingo Committee provides over $8,000 each year to worthy local community groups and charities. Our Bingo Committee is one of big ways we help others in Yolo County. The Bingo Committee co-chairs are Jean-Paul Montreuil and Jeff Oblinger. (By the way, the Bingo Committee could use one or two more volunteers to serve on that committee. It’s fun. Let me know if you are interested!)
2. 145th Davis Lodge Birthday. Happy Birthday Davis Lodge #169. Come to the Lodge this Monday, April 13, from 5 to 7 p.m. The Lodge Hall will be open to the public for the 145th anniversary of our charter, dating back to 1870. There will be food, drink, music and tours. Him & Me will entertain us during the birthday celebration. Dave Rosenberg is chairing this event. The Davis Enterprise is giving us free advertising for the event. Make sure to come by, and bring your friends and neighbors. At 145 years old, we are the oldest organization in the City limits of Davis – older even that UCD and the City of Davis’ incorporation.
3. Lasagne This Thursday at the Lodge. Club Night at the Lodge is this Thursday, April 16, from 5 to 8 p.m. Just drop in for some social time. Plus dinner this Thursday (for those who wish to partake) will be served around 6 p.m. ($7 per person) and will feature homemade Lasagne, Garlic Bread and Salad. Club Night is brought to you every Thursday by the Good Fellowship Committee, chaired by Dody Black.
4. Davis Lodge Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast. Since the mid-1950’s our Lodge has been hosting the Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast, open to the public. This year Picnic Day is this coming Saturday, April 18. The Lodge will be open for breakfast for you and the general public from 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. – breakfast at $5 per person, and kids under 5 are free. Co-chairing this event are Jeff Oblinger and Tony Marigo.
5. The Best Picnic Day Float Ever. Come to breakfast at the Lodge and then watch our Davis Odd Fellows Lodge float float on by in the Picnic Day Parade (the parade passes right in front of the Lodge). This year we have a Picnic Day Float Committee that is building a super Odd Fellows Lodge Picnic Day Float. The Committee members, under co-chairs James Bledsoe and Janis Rosenberg, have been building the float now for weeks. You will have to see it to believe it!
6. Wine Tasting Trip to Amador. Just two weeks to go, but space is still available on the bus to Amador County for wine tasting. The day-trip is Sunday, April 26. We have a bus and will visit the beautiful wine country and three wineries, plus have a picnic lunch. Also, the wine trivia quiz with great prizes. All this for $30. Contact Dave to reserve your seat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Taste of Davis Tickets on Sale. Our Lodge sponsors and hosts “A Taste of Davis” on Thursday, April 30. This is our 6th year hosting this event! Tickets are now on sale, at $20 per person. We have 26 vendors who will serve their food, wine, and beer at the Odd Fellows Lodge Hall. Tickets are going fast. You can buy tickets at Avid Reader Active in Downtown Davis, at Common Grounds in South Davis, and at the Lodge. Also, on line purchases at http://www.showclix.com/event/taste. Thank you to our Taste of Davis Committee, co-chaired by Dody Black and me. This is a BIG social event in Davis, and we expect well over 200 attendees.
8. Installation of a New Grand Master. On Saturday, May 16, Dave Rosenberg will be installed as the 163rd Grand Master of California, and the first Grand Master ever from the Davis Lodge. Some of you have indicated an interest in attending the Installation, which will be held at 7:00 p.m. the DoubleTree Hotel in Modesto. The hotel is at 1150 9th Street, Modesto 95354, right in the downtown about 4 blocks from Highway 99. Those who are interested in attending might consider car-pooling. There is an ice-cream social immediately following the Installation (which is expected to end around 9 p.m.). In addition to the Installation, Dave is hosting a Social Hour and Pizza Party on Thursday, May 14. A flier for this May 14 event is attached.