Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Another Success: Breakfast with the Bunny. Our annual Breakfast with the Bunny, held this morning, was a great success. It was a sellout this year with over 120 participants. Attendees enjoyed a continental breakfast, an egg hunt, a carnival and the Eggstravaganza (arts and crafts). THANK YOU to Zita Demaree and her young volunteers who really helped out enormously – we couldn’t have done it without them. Thank you to Barb Geisler who prepared 1,000 eggs for the egg hunt, and Renee Liston who did the fliers and tickets, and Dave Rosenberg who handled the advance publicity. And thank you to the Breakfast with the Bunny Committee including Kevin Cornell, Joyce Puntillo, Joel Mandel, Joyce Trujillo, Findlay McIntosh, and Celine Livengood. Thank you to Bill Grabert’s son who was The Bunny this year, and also to Kevin Cornell’s wife and children who really helped out at the egg hunt. Most of the food was donated by the Davis Food Coop, and cookies from Nugget Market.
2. Last Thursday Was a Smash at the Lodge. Some 50 people attended Club Night at the Lodge last Thursday (and 33 dinners were served – a record). Plus we had a full house for the Music Committee’s Thursday Live show featuring local blues acts. A great Thursday night at the Lodge.
3. Take a Hike Tomorrow. Our Lodge’s Take a Hike Committee is at it again. Our hikes are open to members, pledges, family and friends. Tomorrow, Sunday, April 5, the hikers will go to Pierce Canyon Falls. Gather at 8:30 a.m. at the Big 5 Sporting Goods parking lot to carpool over. For more information, contact Dave Reed at email@example.com.
4. Notice of Lodge Meeting Next Saturday. The best breakfast in town. And it’s free. Make sure you attend our Lodge’s regular Second Saturday morning breakfast meeting, next Saturday, April 11. Breakfast at 8:45 a.m. and meeting at 9:30 a.m. (Note: If you show up for breakfast after 9:00 a.m. a lot of the food may already be devoured.)
5. Bingo, Anyone? Our active Bingo Committee hosts Second Sunday Bingo at the Lodge again, on Sunday, April 12. The beneficiary is Camp Kesem. Doors open at noon, and Bingo play begins at 1 p.m. Bingo is open to the public. You must be over 18 to attend and play.
6. 145th Davis Lodge Birthday. It’s our birthday! Mark your calendars for Monday, April 13, from 5 to 7 p.m. The Lodge Hall will be open to the public for the 145th anniversary of our charter, dating back to 1870. There will be food, drink, music and tours. Him & Me will entertain us during the birthday celebration. The Davis Enterprise is giving us free advertising for the event. Make sure to come by, and bring your friends and neighbors.
7. Davis Lodge Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast and a Lodge Float. Since the mid-1950’s our Lodge has been hosting the Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast, open to the public. This year Picnic Day is April 18. The Lodge will be open for breakfast for you and the general public from 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. – breakfast at $5 per person, and kids under 5 are free. Come to breakfast at the Lodge and then watch our Lodge float float on by in the Picnic Day Parade (which passes right in front of the Lodge! This year we have a Picnic Day Float Committee that is building a super Odd Fellows Lodge Picnic Day Float. You will have to see it to believe it!
8. Wine Tasting Trip to Amador. Seats are going fast, but space is still available on the bus to Amador County for wine tasting. The day-trip is Sunday, April 26. We have a bus and will visit the beautiful wine country and three wineries, plus have a picnic lunch. Also, the wine trivia quiz with great prizes. All this for $30. Contact Dave Rosenberg to reserve your seat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Taste of Davis Tickets on Sale. Our Lodge sponsors and hosts “A Taste of Davis” on Thursday, April 30. This is our 6th year hosting this event! Tickets are now on sale, at $20 per person. We have 26 vendors who will serve their food, wine, and beer at the Odd Fellows Lodge Hall. Tickets are going fast. You can buy tickets at Avid Reader Active in Downtown Davis, at Common Grounds in South Davis, and at the Lodge. Also, on line purchases at http://www.showclix.com/event/taste. Thank you to our Taste of Davis Committee. This is a BIG social event in Davis, and we expect well over 200 attendees.