Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Lodge Meeting Tomorrow. Please come to the Davis Odd Fellows Fourth Wednesday Evening Meeting tomorrow, March 25. Social hour starts at 6:15 p.m. and the social meeting begins at 7 p.m. Hope to see you all there. This will be a fun and quick meeting, and we have some surprise guests. So let’s have a good turnout!
2. Club Night at the Lodge Thursday Evening. This Thursday, March 19, join your Lodge buddies at “Club Night at the Lodge”. It’s “breakfast for dinner” on Thursday, and it’s just a fun social evening, with no planned events. Board games, puzzles and playing cards available. One of our Pledges owns the “Butterfly Vegan Bakery” and will bring us some yummy desserts! Open to members, pledges and their guests, from 5 to 8 p.m.
3. Want to Help Build Our Float? The Lodge will have an amazing float in this year’s Picnic Day Parade. If you are interested in helping build the float, the Picnic Day Float Committee meets this Thursday at the Lodge at 6 p.m. Come on by and join the fun (and stay for Club Night).
4. Breakfast with the Bunny Tickets Going Fast. This year’s popular Breakfast with the Bunny will be held at the Lodge on Saturday morning, April 4. Tickets ($10 for adults and kids) are now on sale at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds in South Davis. Less than 30 tickets remain available. There will be a continental breakfast, an egg hunt, the Eggstravaganza (arts and crafts for the kids) and a kid’s carnival. Plus the kids get to meet “The Bunny”. This is open to the public.
5. Taste of Davis Tickets on Sale. Our Lodge sponsors and hosts “A Taste of Davis” on April 30. This is our 6th year hosting this event! Tickets are now on sale, at $20 per person. Over two dozen vendors will serve their food, wine, and beer at the Odd Fellows Lodge Hall. You can buy tickets at Avid Reader Active in Downtown Davis, at Common Grounds in South Davis, and at the Lodge. Also, on line purchases at http://www.showclix.com/event/taste.
6. 145th Davis Lodge Birthday. It’s our birthday! Mark your calendars for Monday, April 13, from 5 to 7 p.m. The Lodge Hall will be open to the public for the 145th anniversary of our charter, dating back to 1870. There will be food, drink, music and tours. Make sure to come by, and bring your friends and neighbors.
7. Davis Lodge Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast. Since the mid-1950’s our Lodge has been hosting the Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast, open to the public. This year Picnic Day is April 18. The Lodge will be open for breakfast for you and the general public from 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. – breakfast at $5 per person, and kids under 5 are free. Come to breakfast at the Lodge and then watch our Lodge float in the parade!
8. Hike Coming Up. Dave Reed and the Take a Hike Committee have organized another hike, this time on Sunday, April 5. If you are interested in going on the hike, let Dave know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Wine Tasting Trip to Amador. Space is still available on the bus to Amador County for wine tasting. The day-trip is Sunday, April 26. We have a bus and will visit the beautiful wine country and three wineries, plus have a picnic lunch. Also, the wine trivia quiz with great prizes. All this for $30. Contact Dave Rosenberg to reserve your seat at email@example.com.
10. Racquetball Anyone? Charles Filmer is looking for intermediate racquetball players for some friendly matches at the ARC gym at UCD. If you are interested, contact Charles at (530) 902-5685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Summer Camp Scholarships Available. The Davis Encampment #21 is offering summer camp scholarships to children and grandchildren of Lodge members and pledges. Please see the attached scholarship form. For more information, contact Sharla Cheney at email@example.com.