Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Lodge Evening Meeting on March 25. Please come to the Davis Odd Fellows Fourth Wednesday Evening Meeting on March 25. Social hour starts at 6:15 p.m. and the social meeting begins at 7 p.m. Hope to see you all there. Does anyone wish to volunteer to provide the snacks and appetizers for the social hour? You will have a budget of $75. Please let me know!
2. Summer Camp Scholarships Available. The Davis Encampment #21 is offering summer camp scholarships to children and grandchildren of Davis Lodge members and Rebekah Lodge members. Please see the attached scholarship form. For more information, contact Sharla Cheney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Club Night at the Lodge Thursday Evening. This Thursday, March 19, join your Lodge buddies at “Club Night at the Lodge”. It’s meatloaf and mashed potatoes, a full bar, and Heather and Jean-Paul hosting trivia, with prizes for the winning tables. Open to members, pledges and their guests, from 5 to 8 p.m.
4. We Got a Work Space and a Flatbed. Last NG report we put out a request for a work space and a flatbed truck or trailer to build the Davis Odd Fellows Lodge Picnic Day float. I’m delighted to announce that Doug Hatton stepped up to the plate and donated the space and flatbed. Thank you, Doug! The Picnic Day Float committee will soon be getting to work building our float. If you want to help with this project, please let me know!
5. Breakfast with the Bunny Tickets. This year’s popular Breakfast with the Bunny will be held at the Lodge on Saturday morning, April 4. Tickets ($10 for adults and kids) are now on sale at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds in South Davis. A word to the wise: Less than 50 tickets remain available. There will be a continental breakfast, an egg hunt, the Eggstravaganza (arts and crafts for the kids) and a kid’s carnival. Plus the kids get to meet “The Bunny”. This is open to the public.
6. Classic Film Fest A Success. The third installment of the Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival was a great success. Over 150 people attended the 3 films. The Classic Film Committee will be back in September with the fourth installment of classic films – this time featuring “Film Noir”.
7. Taste of Davis Tickets on Sale starting March 20. Our Lodge sponsors and hosts “A Taste of Davis” on April 30. Tickets go on sale starting March 20, at $20 per person. Over two dozen vendors will serve their food, wine, and beer at the Odd Fellows Lodge Hall.
8. 145th Davis Lodge Birthday. Mark your calendars for Monday, April 13, from 5 to 7 p.m. The Lodge Hall will be open to the public for the 145th anniversary of our charter, dating back to 1870. There will be food, drink, music and tours. Make sure to come by, and bring your friends and neighbors.
9. Davis Lodge Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast. Since the mid-1950’s our Lodge has been hosting the Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast, open to the public. This year Picnic Day is April 18. The Lodge will be open for breakfast for you and the general public – breakfast at $5 per person, and kids under 5 are free.
10. Hike Coming Up. Dave Reed and the Take a Hike Committee have organized another hike, this time on Sunday, April 5. If you are interested in going on the hike, let Dave know at email@example.com.