Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Lodge Breakfast Meeting This Saturday. Please come to the Davis Odd Fellows Second Saturday Breakfast Meeting this Saturday morning. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the social meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. We have lots of fun stuff to talk about!
2. We Need a Work Space and a Flatbed. Our Lodge has registered to have a float in this year’s Picnic Day Parade on April 18! We have a committee ready to start work on a very cool design that will highlight the Lodge and the work we do in the community. BUT, we need two things and we need them now. We need a flatbed (either a flatbed truck-trailer, or a flatbed trailer) where we can build the float. We also need a space where we can park the vehicle and build the float. Please, Odd Fellows and Pledges: Can you help? Let me know ASAP.
3. Breakfast with the Bunny Tickets. This year’s popular Breakfast with the Bunny will be held at the Lodge on Saturday morning, April 4. Tickets ($10 for adults and kids) are now on sale at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds in South Davis. A word to the wise: Over half of the available tickets are already sold! There will be a continental breakfast, an egg hunt, the Eggstravaganza (arts and crafts for the kids) and a kid’s carnival. Plus the kids get to meet “The Bunny”. This is open to the public.
4. Classic Film Fest This Sunday. The Odd Fellows Classic Film Committee presents the classic courtroom drama “To Kill A Mockingbird” with an iconic performance by Gregory Peck, this Sunday, March 15. There is no charge (although donations are welcome) and it’s open to the public. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. and the show begins at 6:43 p.m. (odd times, of course). Enterprise Film Critic Derrick Bang will be on hand to give the back story behind this classic film. Bring a bean bag or a comfy chair if you wish! Another unique feature of our classic film festival is that the bar is open so you can enjoy a beer, wine or mixed drink with your movie. Popcorn is available and free of charge.
5. Annual Lodge St. Pat’s Dinner on Tuesday. You must RSVP to attend the annual St. Patrick’s Day Dinner and Pub Quiz at the Lodge on Tuesday, March 17, starting at 6 p.m. Make sure to wear GREEN. Lots of us are already signed up, but they need a final headcount. Corn beef and cabbage, of course. Contact Dave Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend.
6. Odd Poetry and Wine Club Tomorrow Evening. Friday the 13th has two events coming up. Odd Poetry will gather at the Lodge at 6 p.m. and the Odd Fellows Wine Club will meet at 7 p.m. For more information on Odd Poetry contact Chuck White at email@example.com. For more information on the Wine Club gathering contact Diane Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Only 10 Tickets Left for Giants Baseball. The Sixth Annual Davis IOOF Giants Game Trip is coming up on Friday, May 29, and only 10 tickets remain. Members, pledges and guests are welcome. The seats are good. Tickets are only $35 each (not including food or transportation). There will be a car pool. Contact Diana Wilkinson (530-867-2626) or John Steele (530-219-6647) for information and tickets.
8. Odd Fellows-Rebekah Scholarships Available. There are scholarships available through the Odd Fellows Educational Foundation. The deadline to apply is May 15. For more information and application forms, go to the Sovereign Grand Lodge website at www.ioof.org. Click the Educational Foundation tab on the left side of the home page, midway down the page. All the information you need is there.