Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. My 40th Noble Grand Report. Amazing, but true. This is my 40th Noble Grand Report to you. I hope you have found them useful and informative.
2. The Best Odd Fellows Website Ever. If you haven’t visited lately, please take a few minutes to visit our Lodge website at www.davislodge.org. Our webmaster, Stewart Savage, has just upgraded and modernized it. It’s full of information and photos. It was the best IOOF website in the USA before the change. It’s now even better! Take a look for yourself. Thank you, Stewart!
3. The Class is Closed. The current Davis Lodge Pledge Class (Fall 2015) is now closed. The Membership & Initiation Committee will issue a report in a couple of days. If you have anyone you wish to sponsor for membership in this Lodge, you can certainly do so, but they will be placed in the next Pledge Class (Spring 2016).
4. Breakfast with the Bunny Tickets. This year’s popular Breakfast with the Bunny will be held at the Lodge on Saturday morning, April 4. Tickets ($10 for adults and kids) are now on sale at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds in South Davis – and 25% of the available tickets are already sold. There will be a continental breakfast, an egg hunt, the Eggstravaganza (arts and crafts for the kids) and a kid’s carnival. Plus the kids get to meet “The Bunny”. This is open to the public.
5. Classic Film Fest This Sunday. The Odd Fellows Classic Film Committee presents the classic courtroom drama “Witness for the Prosecution” with Charles Laughton, Tyrone Power and Marlene Dietrich, this Sunday, March 8. There is no charge (although donations are welcome) and it’s open to the public. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. and the show begins at 6:43 p.m. (odd times, of course). Enterprise Film Critic Derrick Bang will be on hand to give the back story behind this classic film. Bring a bean bag or a comfy chair if you wish! Another unique feature of our classic film festival is that the bar is open so you can enjoy a beer, wine or mixed drink with your movie. Popcorn is available and free of charge.
6. Odd Fellows Bingo This Sunday. The Bingo Committee presents Second Sunday Bingo on March 8, benefiting the Davis High School Madrigals. Doors open at 12 noon and Bingo begins at 1 p.m. Come out to play and support the Madrigals. Winners can win cash up to $250 in the final blackout Bingo game.
7. Club Night This Thursday. Don’t forget to come by the Lodge this coming Thursday, March 12, starting at 5 p.m. for Club Night at the Lodge, in the Lower Hall. Club Night is presented by your Good Fellowship Committee. It will be a relaxed social evening – but folks are invited to bring cards or table games. Chef Daniella and Chef Erin will be presenting Parmesan Chicken Bake, Salad and French Bread. Bar is open at 5, dinner is available around 6. This is just an informal social time open to members, pledges and their guests.
8. Next Friday Odd Poetry and Wine Club. Friday the 13th has two events coming up. Odd Poetry will gather at the Lodge at 6 p.m. and the Odd Fellows Wine Club will meet at 7 p.m. For more information on Odd Poetry contact Chuck White at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the Wine Club gathering contact Diane Steele at email@example.com.
9. Parking at the Lodge. This is a reminder that parking at our Lodge Hall is very limited. Many of the spaces are reserved for our tenants, and we only have 7 regular spaces and 1 disabled space for our Lodge. Please respect the limited parking. Do not park at the Lodge unless you have specific business at the Lodge.
10. Yolo County Grand Jury. The Yolo Superior Court is looking for citizens who wish to volunteer to serve on the 2015-16 Grand Jury. The deadline to apply is March 27. If you wish to apply, or want more information, contact Dave Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dave Reed at email@example.com.
11. One of My Toy Collections on Display. At the request of the Davis Senior Center, one of my unusual toy collections is now on display at the Center. The Senior Center is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
12. Lodge Breakfast Meeting Next Saturday. Please mark your calendars and come to the next meeting of the Lodge, Saturday, March 14. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. and the social meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. Best breakfast in town – and it’s free. And a pretty good meeting, as well.