Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Please Come to Tomorrow’s Meeting. Once every three years, the Grand Master pays an official visit to the Davis Lodge. That is happening again tomorrow evening (Wednesday, February 25). It is very important that we have a great turnout for this meeting! Social hour will start at 6:15 p.m. in the Lower Hall (Holly and I will provide great snacks and the bar will be open), and then we will move to the Upper Hall at 7:00 p.m. for our meeting. Members and Pledges are invited to the social hour, but only members can attend the meeting in the Upper Hall. It will be a closed, formal meeting with full ritual opening and closing. (Don’t worry, we will remind you of the password and sign.) This is the time to support your Lodge – please come to the meeting tomorrow evening – don’t be late – make sure to get to the Lodge before the Upper Hall doors close at 7 p.m.
2. Minutes of Our Last Meeting Attached. Minutes of the last Lodge meeting have been prepared by Secretary James Bledsoe and are attached to this Noble Grand report. Please review prior to tomorrow evening’s meeting as we will vote to approve the minutes at our meeting.
3. Take a Hike. The Take a Hike Committee is organizing another hike to begin this Sunday morning, March 1. Please contact Dave Reed at email@example.com for more information. This is a 6-mile hike in Wildcat Canyon. Hikers will meet and depart from the Big 5 parking lot at 8:30 a.m.
4. Classic Film Fest Begins Again. The Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival is back. The Classic Film Committee will show three classic films at the Lodge on three successive Sundays, March 1, March 8 and March 15. The Classic Film Committee has chosen “classic courtroom films” as the genre this time around. The first screening will be this coming Sunday, March 1 of the classic “Adam’s Rib” starring Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn. There is no charge and the screenings are open to the public. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. and the show begins at 6:43 p.m. (odd times, of course). Bring a bean bag or a comfy chair if you wish!
5. Club Night This Thursday. Don’t forget to come by the Lodge this Thursday, February 26, from 5 to 8 p.m. for Club Night. It will be Trivia Night with Prizes, and Chef Julie is making her popular chicken stir fry with rice. This is just an informal social time open to members, pledges and their guests.
6. Music at the Lodge. The Music & Concerts Committee has another Thursday Live! planned on Thursday, March 5, doors open at 7:00 p.m. and the show begins at 7:30 p.m. The show features unique musical sounds from two duo acts: Claudia Russell and Bruce Kaplan as well as Wyatt J. Hesemeyer and Keith Cory.