Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Lodge Breakfast Meeting Tomorrow Morning. Please make sure to come to our Lodge Second Saturday Breakfast meeting this Saturday, February 14. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. sharp and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. (Note to all: If you show up for breakfast at 9:15 a.m. there may be slim pickings.) Hope to see you at breakfast and at the meeting. Let’s have a nice turnout. Pledges are cordially invited.
2. Odd Poetry Gathers Tonight. Chuck White, chair of our Odd Poetry Committee, invites all Lodge members and pledges to meet outside the Lodge front doors at 6 p.m. tonight. February 13. Jenna Templeton will be there with the “Odd Poetry” sign and the group will wander through downtown Davis (it’s the Art About tonight) to recite poetry from 6 to 7 p.m.
3. Odd Fellows Wine Club Gathers Tonight. The Odd Fellows Wine Club gathers tonight, February 13, starting at 7 p.m. in a pre-Valentine’s event. If you like sampling wine and socializing, then the wine club is just your ticket. This Friday we meet at the home of Melinda Hillis.
4. Odd Fellows Cigar Lounge Committee Gathers This Sunday. Watch Don Felix hand roll fresh cigars. Cigar rolling, potluck and BYOB to the Westside Cigar Lounge on February 15, at noon. The address is 100 15th Street, West Sacramento. For more information contact Dave at email@example.com.
5. Three Degree Night next Wednesday, February 18. For any member of this Lodge who has the Initiatory Degree and would like to advance, we are offering a “three-degree night” at the Lodge on Wednesday, February 18, beginning at 6 p.m. It usually takes about 2 hours to confer the First Degree of Friendship, the Second Degree of Love, and the Third Degree of Truth. Once you have your three degrees, you are eligible to hold appointive or elective office in the Lodge, and to advance to join the Davis Encampment. It will cost you $10 per degree (payable to “Davis Lodge”). If you wish to attend to get your degrees, contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Three Degree Night is organized by our Membership & Initiation Committee. We already have 10 members signed up to get their three degrees.
6. Odd Fellow Scholarships. Every year our Lodge provides scholarship assistance to eligible Odd Fellows or their dependents. Chair of our Scholarship Committee is Sharla Cheney. Application deadline is March 15. You have to be an active, dues-paying member for three years to qualify. Information and application can be found at https://www.davislodge.org/davis-odd-fellows-lodge-scholarship/
7. Mark Your Calendars. Once every three years our Lodge gets an “Official Visit” by the Grand Master. We have an official visit coming up again for our Lodge evening meeting of Wednesday, February 25. Only members can attend this Wednesday evening meeting, not pledges. Please mark your calendars so we can have a really impressive turnout!