Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Lodge Breakfast Meeting This Coming Saturday. Please make sure to come to our Lodge Second Saturday Breakfast meeting on February 14. Breakfast is served at 8:45 a.m. sharp and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. (Note to all: If you show up for breakfast at 9:15 a.m. there may be slim pickings.) Hope to see you at breakfast and at the meeting.
2. Graffiti Fighters Named. Last Noble Grand Report I asked for two volunteers to fight graffiti on the Lodge walls. I was delighted to get THREE volunteers. Thank you to Jonathan Raven, Michael Dufresne, and Pledge Robb White. The Lodge appreciates it.
3. Club Night at the Lodge this Thursday. Sponsored by our Good Fellowship Committee, Club Night at the Lodge is back this Thursday, February 12, starting at 5 p.m. No RSVP necessary. Just come and enjoy. Dinner (this week fried chicken and mashed potatoes with assorted vegetables) will be available soon after 6 p.m. for those who want it for $7 per person, and the bar will be open. Plus, it’s Trivia Night again with Trivia Masters Jean-Paul Montreuil and Heather Barnes. Come by to play Trivia from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. and win prizes! If you have a potential Lodge member you wish to sponsor for admission to the Lodge, Club Night is a great time to bring them by the Lodge.
4. Odd Fellows Wine Club Gathers This Friday. The Odd Fellows Wine Club gathers this Friday in a pre-Valentine’s event. If you like sampling wine and socializing, then the wine club is just your ticket. This Friday we meet at the home of Melinda Hillis, at 7 p.m. For more information (or if you wish to host a future wine club gathering at your home) contact Elysa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Odd Fellows Cigar Lounge Committee Meets This Coming Sunday. Watch Don Felix hand roll fresh cigars. Cigar rolling, potluck and BYOB to the Westside Cigar Lounge on February 15, at noon. The address is 100 15th Street, West Sacramento. For more information contact Dave at email@example.com.
6. Thursday Live! Music a Great Success. Our Music & Concerts Committee reports that over $1,500 in donations was received from last Thursday’s show featuring Rita Hosking (a country folk singer and song writer) and The Notorious Shank Brothers (Bluegrass). What a great success. Kudos to the Music Committee.
7. Three Degree Night on Wednesday, February 18. For any member of this Lodge who has the Initiatory Degree and would like to advance, we are offering a “three-degree night” at the Lodge on Wednesday, February 18, beginning at 6 p.m. It usually takes about 2 hours to confer the First Degree of Friendship, the Second Degree of Love, and the Third Degree of Truth. Once you have your three degrees, you are eligible to hold appointive or elective office in the Lodge, and to advance to join the Davis Encampment. It will cost you $10 per degree (payable to “Davis Lodge”). If you wish to attend to get your degrees, contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Three Degree Night is organized by our Membership & Initiation Committee. We already have nine members signed up to get their three degrees.
8. Odd Fellow Scholarships. Every year our Lodge provides scholarship assistance to eligible Odd Fellows or their dependents. Chair of our Scholarship Committee is Sharla Cheney and she has the application forms. Application deadline is March 15. For more information, contact Sharla at email@example.com.
9. Davis Rebekah Lodge Welcomes Odd Fellows. The Davis Rebekah Lodge just held a very successful Crab Feed at the Lodge yesterday. The Rebekah Lodge confers the “Rebekah Degree” on members. If any member or Pledge of the Odd Fellows is interested in learning more about the Davis Rebekah Lodge, or joining the Rebekah Lodge, please contact me. The Davis Rebekah Lodge is a small Lodge of about 30 members, and we welcome new members.
10. Mark Your Calendars. Once every three years our Lodge gets an “Official Visit” by the Grand Master. We have an official visit coming up again for our Lodge evening meeting of Wednesday, February 25. Please mark your calendars so we can have a really impressive turnout!