Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Need Two Volunteer Graffiti Fighters. A couple of times each year, the outside of our Lodge Hall gets tagged with graffiti. Studies show that the best way to combat graffiti is to remove it immediately. So, I am asking for two volunteers to step up to be our “Graffiti Fighters”. You will be given a bucket of paint and a paintbrush, and if the Hall gets tagged, you will be called to come to the Lodge and paint over the problem. Do I have two volunteers? Contact me if you are interested.
2. 2015 Lodge Dues. We are doing a great job collecting dues for 2015. Thank you. It’s now February, and I would ask that you pay your dues this month, if you are able. You may mail your dues to Duff Devine, Financial Secretary, Davis Odd Fellows Lodge, 415 Second Street, Davis CA 95616. Checks should be payable to “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge”. Dues are $55 per year – a bargain.
3. Club Night at the Lodge on Thursday. Sponsored by our Good Fellowship Committee, Club Night at the Lodge is back this Thursday, February 5, starting at 5 p.m. No RSVP necessary. Just come and enjoy. Dinner will be available soon after 6 p.m. for those who want it for $7 per person, and the bar will be open. Plus, it’s Trivia Night again with Trivia Master Dave Rosenberg. Come by to play Trivia from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. and win prizes!
4. Thursday Live! Music this Thursday. You get a two-fer this Thursday. In addition to Club Night in the Lower Hall, we will feature Thursday Live! music in the Upper Hall. The doors open at 7:30 p.m. and our Music & Concerts Committee has invited Rita Hosking (a country folk singer and song writer) and The Notorious Shank Brothers (Bluegrass) to perform. The event is free (donations are welcome) and open to the public. There will be a bar in the Upper Hall.
5. Taste of Davis Sponsorships. Our annual Taste of Davis event is scheduled this year on Thursday, April 30. This is the major social event of the year at the Lodge, attracting hundreds of members of the public to sample the wares from local area restaurants, wineries and breweries. Sponsorships are $500 or $200, BUT we have a special “offer” for Lodge members and Pledges. If you wish to be a sponsor, you may do so for $100 – just let me know. As a $100 sponsor, you will also receive one complimentary ticket to the event. Sponsors are listed in several ads in the Enterprise, in a constantly playing slide show at the event, and in a post-event ad.
6. Odd Fellows Bingo Coming Up on this Sunday. Our last Bingo earlier this month provided about $1,500 to our beneficiary, Team Davis. Bingo has become a major donor to local community and charitable groups. Congratulations to the Odd Fellows Bingo Committee! Our next Bingo benefits YoloArts and will be Sunday, February 8, doors open at noon. I invite Odd Fellows and Pledges to come out to support Bingo and have some fun. YoloArts, among other activities, offers art education programs in public schools throughout the county.
7. Three Degree Night on February 18. For any member of this Lodge who has the Initiatory Degree and would like to advance, we are offering a “three-degree night” at the Lodge on Wednesday, February 18, beginning at 6 p.m. It usually takes about 2 hours to confer the First Degree of Friendship, the Second Degree of Love, and the Third Degree of Truth. Once you have your three degrees, you are eligible to hold appointive or elective office in the Lodge, and to advance to join the Davis Encampment. It will cost you $10 per degree (payable to “Davis Lodge”). If you wish to attend to get your degrees, contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Three Degree Night is organized by our Membership & Initiation Committee.
8. Odd Fellow Scholarships. Every year our Lodge provides scholarship assistance to eligible Odd Fellows or their dependents. Chair of our Scholarship Committee is Sharla Cheney and she has the application forms. Application deadline is March 15. For more information, contact Sharla at email@example.com.
9. Cold Shot Performs This Friday. Cold Shot (composed of Lodge members Renee Martucci and Richard Urbino) perform this Friday, February 6, starting at 6 p.m., at the Graduate, 805 Russell Blvd. There is no cover charge. Let’s support Richard and Renee – they always help us out at many Lodge events, performing without charge.