Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Initiation Coming Up This Wednesday. We owe it to our new members to have a GREAT turnout for their initiation into the Lodge. The initiation is this Wednesday, January 28, at a formal meeting of our Lodge. Social hour begins at 6:15 p.m. and the meeting begins at 7 p.m. Thank you to Michelle Kellogg who is organizing the food for the social hour, to Sharla Cheney and Lewis Kimble who are setting up the food, and to Dody Black and the Good Fellowship Committee for the wine, beer and soft drinks. All are invited to the social hour, but only members and the new initiates may attend the formal meeting.
2. 2015 Lodge Dues. We are reaching the end of January and member’s dues for 2015 are now payable. You may mail your dues to Duff Devine, Financial Secretary, Davis Odd Fellows Lodge, 415 Second Street, Davis CA 95616 – or you can bring your check to the meeting on January 28 and hand your dues check to Duff. Checks should be payable to “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge”. Dues are $55 per year – a bargain.
3. Club Night at the Lodge on Thursday. Sponsored by our Good Fellowship Committee, Club Night at the Lodge is back this Thursday, January 29. Note a time change for this Club Night only – it will start at 6 p.m. and go till 9 p.m. No RSVP necessary. Just come and enjoy. Dinner will be available soon after 6 p.m. for those who want it for $7 per person (it’s taco and nacho bar night), and the bar will be open.
4. Rebekah Lodge Crab Feed. Last chance to buy tickets!!! Tickets are now on sale for the annual Davis Rebekah Lodge Crab Feed (the event is February 7 at the Lodge Hall). You can even reserve an entire table for a group of 8. For more information on reserving a table, please contact me at email@example.com. Come on, Odd Fellows, let’s reserve some tables to help the Davis Rebekah Lodge!
5. Taste of Davis Sponsorships. Our annual Taste of Davis event is scheduled this year on Thursday, April 30. This is the major social event of the year at the Lodge, attracting hundreds of members of the public to sample the wares from local area restaurants, wineries and breweries. Sponsorships are $500 or $200, BUT we have a special “offer” for Lodge members and Pledges. If you wish to be a sponsor, you may do so for $100 – just let me know. As a $100 sponsor, you will also receive one complimentary ticket to the event. Sponsors are listed in several ads in the Enterprise, in a constantly playing slide show at the event, and in a post-event ad.
6. Thursday Live! Coming up on February 5. Our Lodge Music & Concerts Committee brings you country folk singer and song writer Rita Hosking, as well as Bluegrass with The Notorious Shank Brothers. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the music starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Lodge. The show is always open to the public and free of charge – although donations are gratefully accepted.
7. Odd Fellows Bingo Coming Up on February 8. Our last Bingo earlier this month provided about $1,500 to our beneficiary, Team Davis. Bingo has become a major donor to local community and charitable groups. Congratulations to the Odd Fellows Bingo Committee! Our next Bingo benefits YoloArts and will be Sunday, February 8, doors open at noon. I invite Odd Fellows and Pledges to come out to support Bingo and have some fun.