Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Great Lodge Meeting Last Saturday. Our first Lodge meeting of 2015 was held Saturday, January 10. We had a great turnout with over 75 members, pledges and even a few guests – and had a lively meeting with lots of committee reports. The Lodge also voted in 15 new members. Congratulations to the new Odd Fellows! We are starting 2015 with as much energy as we ended 2014. Please note that our next Lodge meeting is Wednesday evening, January 28. We will initiate our new members at that meeting.
2. Looking for Two Volunteers. During our “social hour” from 6 to 7 p.m. on January 28, and again on February 25, we always have snacks and appetizers. I need a volunteer to be in charge of the social hour for January 28, and another volunteer for February 25. Send me an email if you wish to volunteer to handle the food (the Good Fellowship Committee supplies the beverages) and I will give you all the details and your budget.
3. Last Chance to RSVP for Installation & Awards Dinner. The annual dinner and awards event is this Saturday, January 17, 2015. Tickets this year are very low in price: $15 for members and pledges and $19 for guests. There will be entertainment, awards and the installation of elected and appointed officers of the Lodge. RSVP to Renee Liston at email@example.com so she can get you and your guests on the list – and just plan on paying at the door. RSVP deadline is this Tuesday.
4. 2015 Lodge Dues. As we enter the new year, member’s dues are now payable. You may mail your dues to Duff Devine, Financial Secretary, Davis Odd Fellows Lodge, 415 Second Street, Davis CA 95616 – or you can bring your check to the meeting on January 10 and hand your dues check to Duff. Checks should be payable to “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge”. Dues are $55 per year – a bargain. Duff reports that 37 members paid their dues at last Saturday’s meeting.
5. Club Night at the Lodge on Thursday. Sponsored by our Good Fellowship Committee, Club Night at the Lodge is back this Thursday, January 15, from 5 to 8 p.m. No RSVP necessary. Just come and enjoy. Dinner will be available for those who want it for $7 per person, the bar will be open, and we will have Trivia Night again, with prizes for the winning tables.
6. Rebekah Lodge Crab Feed. Tickets are now on sale for the annual Davis Rebekah Lodge Crab Feed (the event is February 7 at the Lodge Hall). This has proven to be a very popular event, and tickets can go fast. You can even reserve an entire table for a group of 8. For more information on reserving a table, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Bernie and Ariana Are Engaged. Bernie Goldsmith has just announced his engagement to Ariana! Bernie and Ariana invite all Odd Fellows to their engagement party which will be held at the Lodge on Sunday, January 25, from 4 to 8 p.m. For more information, check in with Bernie at email@example.com. Congratulations, Bernie and Ariana!
8. “Odd Hike” Coming Up. Dave Reed, the Chair of our “Take a Hike” Committee is thinking of doing a hike on Monday, January 19 (it’s a holiday). If you are interested please write to Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Serve on a Committee. If you are not on a Lodge Committee, now is the time to join for 2015! We have 33 Committees and are always open to forming a new one. Let me know which committee you wish to join and I will connect you with the Chairs.