Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Happy 2015. Happy New Year to each and every one. The Odd Fellows Lodge had a great 2014, and we have lots planned for 2015 – such as Thursday Live! music at the Lodge, Second Sunday Bingo, our Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival, Club Night at the Lodge, Breakfast with the Bunny, Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast and Picnic Day Parade Float, our Lodge’s 145th Birthday Party, Taste of Davis, and much much more!
2. Great Ending to 2014. The Lodge ended 2014 with a bang. We had a remarkably successful New Year’s Eve Party with Mumbo Gumbo at the Lodge. This was our first ever New Year’s Eve Party and I predict that this will become an annual signature event for us. We had close to 250 guests and everyone seemed to have a great time. Kudos to Juelie and Kurt Roggli for heading up this effort, and all the Odd Fellows and Pledges who worked hard to make this a success. We also had a spontaneous potluck at the Lodge the evening of January 1 and I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout – over 50 Odd Fellows, Pledges and guests attended and everyone seemed to have a good time, kicking back on New Year’s Day.
3. Lodge Meeting Next Saturday. Our first Lodge meeting of 2015 is coming up next Saturday, January 10. Let’s start the new year right with a great turnout. This first meeting of the year will be our regular Second Saturday Breakfast Meeting – so, breakfast will be served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. Pledges are cordially invited to attend this meeting.
4. RSVP Now for Our Annual Installation & Awards Dinner. The annual dinner and awards event is Saturday, January 17, 2015. Tickets this year are very low in price: $15 for members and pledges and $19 for guests. There will be entertainment, awards and the installation of elected and appointed officers of the Lodge. Dinner includes four buffet stations. RSVP now to save your seat. Members, pledges and guests are cordially invited. RSVP to Renee Liston at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can get you and your guests on the list – and just plan on paying at the door. Come on by to see who gets awards for 2014!!!
5. 2015 Lodge Dues. As we enter the new year, member’s dues are now payable. You may mail your dues to Duff Devine, Financial Secretary, Davis Odd Fellows Lodge, 415 Second Street, Davis CA 95616 – or you can bring your check to the meeting on January 10 and hand your dues check to Duff. Checks should be payable to “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge”. Dues are $55 per year – a bargain. Please note that this dues amount has remained unchanged for a decade. You dues are leveraged 20-fold to benefit the community. If you believe in charitable and community support, you can’t do it better than supporting your Lodge with your $55 dues contribution. Our Lodge co-hosts many events at the Lodge (such as Suicide Prevention), provides great community events (like Breakfast with Santa), contributes funds (the Bingo Committee alone contributed over $8,000 to community groups), etc.
6. Club Night at the Lodge on Thursday. Sponsored by our Good Fellowship Committee, Club Night at the Lodge is back this Thursday, January 8, from 5 to 8 p.m. No RSVP necessary. Just come and enjoy. Dinner will be available for those who want it (pizza, pasta and salad this week) for $7 per person, the bar will be open, and we will have Trivia Night again, with prizes for the winning tables.
7. Rebekah Lodge Crab Feed. Tickets will go on sale this Thursday for the annual Davis Rebekah Lodge Crab Feed (the event is February 7 at the Lodge Hall). This has proven to be a very popular event, and tickets can go fast. You can event reserve an entire table for a group of 8. For more information on reserving a table, please contact me.