Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. It’s a Sell-out! Our First Annual New Year’s Eve Party at the Lodge with Mumbo Gumbo is a sell-out! All 225 tickets have been sold! Kudos to Juelie and Kurt Roggli, who Co-chaired this event, and the Music and Concerts Committee, and all the volunteers who will help make this a great success. Doing a NYE Party for the community at the Lodge was a great experiment. And it looks like it worked just fine!
2. We Walked the Walk! On the afternoon of December 26, 2014, our Lodge took the final few steps that put us over the 50 million step mark! The final steps came in almost simultaneously from Tim and Ann Carroll and Juelie Roggli to put us over the top. Congratulations to all the members and pledges who took part in the 50 million step challenge. It took us close to 11 months, but we did it! 50 million steps is 25,000 miles, or once around the Earth at the equator. Special thanks to Sharla Cheney who did most of the work keeping track of the step count!
3. January 1 Potluck at the Lodge. Because January 1, 2015 is a holiday, there will be no Club Night at the Lodge that evening. However, we WILL have a spontaneous Potluck at the Lodge for those members, pledges, family and friends who wish to attend. No need to RSVP – just come. The doors will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, January 1 and will stay open till 8 p.m. Please bring a dish to share and a beverage to share. We will have table games, jigsaw puzzles, cards and poker chips for those who wish to participate. Or you can just kick back and relax.
4. First Lodge Meeting of 2015 is January 10. Mark your calendars for the first Lodge meeting of 2015. It will be Saturday, January 10 – breakfast will be served at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
5. RSVP Now for Our Annual Installation & Awards Dinner. The annual dinner and awards event is Saturday, January 17, 2015. Tickets this year are very low in price: $15 for members and pledges and $19 for guests. There will be entertainment, awards and the installation of elected and appointed officers of the Lodge. Dinner includes four buffet stations. RSVP now to save your seat. Members, pledges and guests are cordially invited. RSVP to Renee Liston at email@example.com so she can get you and your guests on the list – and just plan on paying at the door. Come on by to see who gets awards for 2014!!!
6. 2015 Lodge Dues. As we enter the new year, member’s dues are now payable. You may mail your dues to Duff Devine, Financial Secretary, Davis Odd Fellows Lodge, 415 Second Street, Davis CA 95616 – or you can bring your check to the meeting on January 10 and hand your dues check to Duff. Checks should be payable to “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge”. Dues are $55 per year – a bargain. Please note that this dues amount has remained unchanged for a decade. You dues are leveraged 20-fold to benefit the community. If you believe in charitable and community support, you can’t do it better than supporting your Lodge with your $55 dues contribution. Our Lodge co-hosts many events at the Lodge (such as Suicide Prevention), provides great community events (like Breakfast with Santa), contributes funds (the Bingo Committee alone contributed $8,000+ to community groups), etc.
7. Happy New Year to All. Our Lodge has had a GREAT year in 2014. We will have an even better one in 2015. Dave and I wish each and every one of you, and your families, a Happy New Year.