Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Calling for Volunteers for April Events. Now that Breakfast with Santa is done, we turn our focus to other major events coming up. We have Breakfast with the Bunny on April 4, 2015. And Picnic Day is April 19, 2015 – we have two events that day – the annual Picnic Day Pancake Breakfast, and we will be in the Picnic Day Parade with an Odd Fellows float! And we have a big event coming on April 30, 2015 – our annual Taste of Davis. If you wish to volunteer to help on one or more of these great events, please contact me right away, and I will put you in touch with the chair of the event!
2. We Are 99% Toward Our Goal. We are now even closer to our goal of 50 million collective steps as a Lodge. As of 5 p.m. today, the step count is 49,523,190. Only 476,810 steps to go and we meet our goal. We are 99% there! If you have steps to report, please get them to Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org right away. 50 million steps equals 25,000 miles – or once around the Earth.
3. New Committees for 2015. Our Lodge has over 30 committees, reflecting the diverse interests of our Lodge members. But there is hardly any limit on the committees that we can have depending on those interests! I’m writing to each of you to see if you wish to form any new committees for 2015. As far as I am concerned, if any three members/pledges of this Lodge want to form a committee, we can do so (as long as it isn’t illegal or immoral). So, if you want to form a book club, a quilting bee, a sewing circle, a bowling team, a scrap-booking group, or running club, an RV-ing group, a camping club, whatever – just let me know. It’s a new year coming, so let’s form some new committees!
4. Club Night at the Lodge Canceled on December 25 Due to Holiday. No Club Night at the Lodge on December 25 due to the Christmas holiday.
5. We May Schedule Club Night at the Lodge on January 1, 2015 if There is Interest. If we have sufficient interest, the Good Fellowship Committee will host Club Night at the Lodge on January 1, 2015, from 5 to 8 p.m. Start 2015 with your Lodge buddies! BUT we need 20 members, pledges and guests interested in dinner at the Lodge on January 1 to pull this off. The menu is Fried Chicken and Waffles, Biscuits and Gravy. Plus we will have Spicy Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas at the Bar. We already have 13 people who wish to come to dinner. We need at least 7 more. If interested in Club Night on January 1, RSVP right away to email@example.com.
6. Some Successful Events for Our Lodge. Following on the heels of a very successful Breakfast with Santa (and by the way, it was great to see Tim and Ann Carroll and their new son – Andrew – at Breakfast with Santa, along with all the other children), we have had three more very successful events. Odd Fellows Bingo contributed over $900 for the Yolo County SPCA. Dave Reed organized a very popular caroling event again this year – with 15 Odd Fellows and Pledges singing at URC. The Wine Club at the Rosenberg home attracted 44 Odd Fellows, Pledges and Guests. And thank you to all the Odd Fellows and Pledges who helped this year with another successful bell-ringing – much of the money will go to the children’s shopping spree.
7. New Year’s Eve Party at the Lodge. The Lodge will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Party for member, pledges and the community. Most of the 225 tickets have already been sold – and they are going fast. Tickets ($40 per person) are available on line at www.showclix/events.MumboGumbo1231 and also at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds. Doors open for the NYE party at 8 p.m. on December 31, music begins at 9 p.m. (featuring Mumbo Gumbo) and there will be a champagne toast at midnight on January 1, 2015. There will be music and dancing in the Upper Hall, and the Lower Hall will be open in a quieter venue for folks who want to watch NYE shows on the big screen TV and dine on gumbo and cornbread. For more information, contact NYE Committee Chair Juelie Roggli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. RSVP Now for Our Annual Installation & Awards Dinner. The annual dinner and awards event is Saturday, January 17, 2015. Tickets this year are very low in price: $15 for members and pledges and $19 for guests. There will be entertainment, awards and the installation of elected and appointed officers of the Lodge. Dinner includes four buffet stations. RSVP now to save your seat. Members, pledges and guests are cordially invited. RSVP to Renee Liston at email@example.com so she can get you and your guests on the list – and just plan on paying at the door. Come on by to see who gets awards for 2014!!!
9. Happy Holidays to All. Dave and I wish each and every one of you, and your families, the very best this Holiday Season! Friendship – Love – Truth is what it’s all about.