Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Outdoor “Oddventure”. Darrell Pereira and Charles Filmer invite Lodge members and Pledges and family members on an outdoor “oddventure” this Saturday, November 22 along the Davis Bike Loop. Rendezvous with your bike at the dining area of Whole Foods (at Davis Commons) after 8:30 a.m. and depart on the bicycle journey at 9:00 a.m. The bike loop is 12 miles long and takes about 75 minutes ride time. Bring water. Significant rain cancels, but Darrell and Charles suggest a rain walk in the UCD Arboretum if too wet to ride. RSVP to email@example.com.
2. Baby on the way. Tim and Ann Carroll are in South Korea to pick up their son, Andrew. We are advised that the Korean Court has given final approval to the adoption. Congratulations, to the expanded Carroll clan. The Odd Fellows Lodge has donated three complimentary tickets for Breakfast with Santa to Andrew, Ann and Tim.
3. Classic Film Festival Continues on Sunday. The Second Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival concludes with the third and final film this Sunday, November 23, at the Lodge, Lower Hall. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the showing begins at 7:00 p.m. Admission is free, but donations welcome. The featured film is the classic comedy Western: “Cat Ballou”, starring Jane Fonda and Lee Marvin.
4. 50% of Breakfast with Santa Tickets Sold Out on First Day. Tickets for our annual Breakfast with Santa event went on sale on November 14 and 50% of the tickets sold out in the first day. This has truly become a very popular event. Tickets can be purchased for $9 per person (adult or child) at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds. This year, Breakfast with Santa is December 13.
5. Trees still needed for Breakfast with Santa. Can you loan us an artificial tree for the December 13 Breakfast with Santa decor. We are looking for 4 ft., 5 ft., and 6 ft. trees with built in lights. If you can help by loaning us a tree or two, contact Debbie friend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Evening of Good Fellowship. The Davis Rebekah Lodge and Soroptimist International Club of Davis are sponsoring their annual “Evening of Good Fellowship” at the Lodge this Thursday, November 20, in the Upper Hall, starting at 6 p.m. Interested Odd Fellows are cordially invited. There is no charge. There will be homemade soups and breads, plus a LARGE silent auction.
7. Club Night at the Lodge This Thursday, November 20. Don’t forget the weekly Club Night at the Lodge on Thursday , November 20, starting at 5 p.m. in the Lower Hall. Dinner (featuring Montreal chicken drumsticks and garlic roasted potatoes) is available at 6 p.m. And it’s Trivia Night with prizes and Trivia Master Dave Rosenberg.
8. Wine Club Coming up This Friday, November 21. This month the Odd Fellows Wine Club meets this Friday, November 21, starting at 7 p.m. at the home of Chuck White and Carrie Shucker, in Davis. The theme is port wine. Bring your favorite port wine with either an accompanying sweet chocolate dish or savory dish.
9. Hall Board Meets on Monday, November 24. Members of the Lodge are always invited to attend meetings of the Hall Board. The next meeting is Monday, November 24, starting at 5 p.m. in the Conference Room.
10. Another Success for the Odd Fellows Bingo Committee. This month’s recipient of proceeds from Odd Fellows Bingo set a new record for the monthly draw. Food Bank Farmers was the beneficiary, and the Bingo Committee sent them a check for $1,053.50.
11. Music Committee’s Holiday Show Arrives Soon. The annual Holiday Show, sponsored by the Lodge’s Music Committee, is coming up on Thursday, December 4, in the Upper Hall, following the Davis Tree Lighting Ceremony. The annual Holiday Show feature many of the musical performers and groups from 2014. And proceeds will be donated to the Davis Encampment to help send kids to summer camp. Reserve the date.
12. Take a Hike Committee Hike Coming Up. Dave Reed and the Take a Hike Committee are planning another hike on Sunday, December 14. Details to be announced. Mark your calendars if hiking is your thing.