Dear Odd Fellows Members and Pledges,
Wow! This year is winding down, but the Odd Fellow events are winding up!
If you have any questions, comments, or something you would like posted in the next Noble Grand Report, please reply to me at email@example.com.
1. Odd Fellows Meetings. After tonight, we’ll have only 3 meetings to go in 2016! Due to Thanksgiving, Breakfast with Santa, and the Winter Holidays, the meetings for November 23rd, December 10th and 28th have been canceled.
*!*! Also, due to the Membership Seminar in Reno, the first meeting of January 2017 will be moved up to January 7th (originally scheduled for January 14th)!*!*
2. Lodge Management Presentation. At the breakfast meeting of November 12th, we will have a special presentation by Lodge Manager Daniela Gutierrez, on the relationship between the Lodge Membership and Lodge Management. If you are interested in learning more, please don’t miss this meeting!
3. Odd Fellows Events. We have a ton of great stuff happening in the next few months! Our regular committee gatherings/events such as Odd NeedleCrafters, Meditation Committee, and Cigar Lounge Committee, to annual events such as Oddtoberfest, Halloween Party, and Breakfast with Santa… and don’t forget the Inaugural Chocolate Festival!
To get your schedule squared away, please check out our Davis Odd Fellows Event Calendar http://DavisLodge.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1832c51640&id=e797213b1c&e=dc3214ac0f.
4. Canton. For the second year, Canton Davis # 7 is volunteering to help homeless Veterans at Dixon Mayfair during the week of October 10th to October 14th. The event website, http://DavisLodge.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=1832c51640&id=f6d143d2b5&e=dc3214ac0f has more details on the event and the volunteer opportunities.
For example, volunteers can sign-up for shifts from Noon to 6PM in the kitchen or as volunteer check-in staff or the more open “Wherever Needed” in addition to other more specific tasks.
Several folks from the Canton have decided to volunteer for Kitchen tasks on Thursday, October 13th from Noon to 6PM. I designate this Canton Group One. Additional volunteers for this shift can signup and let me know of your plans.
If you wish to volunteer for another shift on another time and date, you can do so. Perhaps, we can get 2 or 3 groups from the Canton and other Odd Fellows. Let’s coordinate.
I have several attachments that help interested folks to navigate the event website.
If you are interested, let me know and I can send the attachments and also respond to your questions.
Dennis Corcoran, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Davis Odd Fellows Hall. The Lounge, located at 423 2nd Street, is at long last open and ready for your reservations!
If you wish to request The Lounge for use by a Committee, you may do so by completing the Committee Hall Request form available on our website (rentdavislodge.com) and submitting it into the office. The Lounge is available for Committee use free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Members may bring alcoholic beverages for consumption during meetings without a corkage fee. However, our license does not currently permit the sale of alcohol in The Lounge, or consumption of alcohol by anyone who is not a current, active member of the Odd Fellows or Rebekahs.
You may also reserve The Lounge for personal use at a reduced rate, or use it for your annual free rental (for members in good standing for more than 2 years.) You may make this request by filling out the Rental Agreement and Application that is available on our website and submitting it in the office.