Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Lodge Meeting Coming Up This Wednesday. Make sure to come to our fun fourth Wednesday Lodge meeting coming up this Wednesday, September 23. Social hour with snacks and refreshments will run from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. This Wednesday we have a special treat. One of our wine distributors will be pouring their wines for us (plus, they donate to the Food Bank for every case they sell us). The Lodge meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. and we have lots of good stuff coming up in the next few months of this year including the OddtoberFest, the Halloween Party, Breakfast with Santa, and our New Year’s Eve Party.
2. Running of the Turkeys. The annual “Running of the Turkeys” is a 5K run and walk event. It’s Thanksgiving Day at 8 a.m. (November 26), starting at Heritage Plaza in Downtown Woodland. Hey! Let’s form an Odd Fellows Turkey Run/Walk Team. Chairing this event for the Lodge is Janis Rosenberg. Please contact Janis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be part of the Odd Fellows Team. This event benefits the Yolo Food Bank – helping to feed the hungry in this county.
3. Club Night This Thursday. Our next Club Night at the Lodge is this coming Thursday, September 24, in the Lower Hall, from 5 to 8 p.m. It’s PIZZA NIGHT at Club Night this Thursday – pizza is available at just $2 per slice. The full bar will be open. The big screen TV will be on. It’s also TRIVIA NIGHT at Club Night this Thursday – play against the Trivia Master and win prizes. Just come on by to relax and socialize with your Lodge friends.
4. Final Call for the Sunday Hike. How about an urban hike in San Francisco? That’s the plan this Sunday, September 20. For more information on how to join this Odd Fellows hike (open to members, pledges, family and friends) contact Dave Reed at email@example.com. Join our “Take a Hike” Committee for this fun hike in San Francisco.
5. Odd Fellows Classic Film Festival Tomorrow Evening. This is the fourth installment of our very popular Classic Film Festival. The screenings are free and open to the public. Next one is this Sunday, September 20 – “The Big Sleep” starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Renowned film reviewer Derrick Bang will give the back story for all these classic Film Noir. Doors open for the Classic Film Fest at 6:29 p.m. and the films are shown starting at 7:01 p.m. (odd times, of course). “Kiss Me Deadly” is the third film, coming up on Sunday, September 27.
6. Adopt-a-Highway Committee Meets on September 24. We are official. The Davis Odd Fellows have a stretch of Highway 113 from Road 29 to Road 27, going north. First gathering of the committee, chaired by Sheryl Cambron and assisted by John Steele, will be 7 p.m. on Thursday, September 24, at the Lodge. All are welcome who are interested in this environmental clean-up project. You must view a safety film. First roadway cleanup will be Saturday, September 26. We now have our IOOF highway sign, and it will go up very soon. For more information, you can contact Sheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or John at email@example.com.
7. “The Mysteries of the Odd Fellows”. Open to members and pledges. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Odd Fellows, but were afraid to ask. All questions will be answered. The date is Tuesday, September 29, 7 p.m. in the Lower Hall. Hosted by Grand Master Dave Rosenberg. Suitable for Pledges, new Members, and even long-time members. Everyone will learn something about the Lodge and IOOF.
8. Music at the Lodge on October 1. Mark your calendars for Thursday Live! coming up on the first Thursday of next month, October 1, at the Lodge, Upper Hall. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. and live music begins at 7:30 p.m. All the musicians will feature the music of Bob Dylan. Should be quite a show.
9. Help a Senior in Town. Duff Devine is going to chair our Senior Project Committee, taking over from Michael Fullerton who is moving to Alaska. If you want to help a Senior in town with some chore around their house. please contact Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. OddtoberFest is Sunday, October 4. Mark your calendars for our annual Fest. Live music, German beer, Bavarian food, tons of door prizes. It’s an annual tradition. RSVP to Dave Rosenberg at email@example.com.
11. Halloween Costume Party, October 24. And mark your calendars for the annual Halloween party. Live music, costumes and fun. Details to follow. Contact Dave Reed for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.