Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Next Lodge Meeting Is Wednesday, August 26. Mark your calendars for the next Lodge meeting which is our Fourth Wednesday evening meeting. It’s Wednesday, August 26. Social hour starts at 6:15 p.m. and the meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. This will be a closed and formal meeting as we are initiating new members into the Lodge. Pledges and guests are, however, cordially invited to the social hour that precedes the meeting.
2. No Club Night This Thursday. Club Night will take a break for the month of August. There will be no Thursday Club Night this coming Thursday, or for the rest of August. Next Club Night will be September 3.
3. Call for Lodge Helpers Needed This Saturday. Our Lodge Social Services Committee is volunteering to help once again at the Yolo Food Bank – and we are helping out this coming Saturday, August 15. If you are able to dedicate some time to help hungry families, please contact Bob Schelen at email@example.com. Also, if you wish to serve as a member of the Social Services Committee, contact Bob.
4. Bingo Hits the Jackpot Again. Kudos to our Lodge Bingo Committee. Last Sunday, Bingo benefited YCCC (Yolo Community Care Continuum) which helps persons suffering from the effects of mental illness. Some 75 people played Bingo at the Lodge and the committee donated $624.50 to YCCC. Next Bingo will be September 13, at the Lodge, benefiting the Elderly Nutrition Program. If YOU wish to volunteer to be a member of our very active Bingo Committee, contact Jean-Paul Montreuil at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeff Oblinger at email@example.com.
5. Last Chance to Sign Up for the Children’s Shopping Spree. It’s the annual “Children’s Shopping Spree.” We need members and pledges over 21 years of age to help children “shop” for back-to-school clothes at JC Penny’s in Woodland. This year we can shop for 78 boys and girls. The money for clothing is donated to each child from the bell-ringing that was done in December. The shopping spree is Saturday, August 22, starting at 7:30 a.m. (at JC Penny’s in Woodland at the County Fair Mall) and ending around 9:30 a.m. The children also each get a backpack filled with school supplies, donated by the Davis Rebekah Lodge. If you wish to volunteer to help a child shop on August 22, please contact Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you are a volunteer from the Davis Odd Fellows Lodge. Also, if you can’t volunteer, another way to help is to purchase $25 JC Penny gift cards (which you can get at Safeway and other places). Give me the gift cards, and I will get them to Lindsay.
6. Last Call for the San Francisco Dungeon Trip. This is your last call to sign up to visit the San Francisco Dungeon. This is a one-day road trip to San Francisco to see a cool show and have dinner in the city. The date of the trip is Saturday, September 5. This trip is organized by our Lodge Good Fellowship Committee. Originally, we were going to rent a bus if we got 34 people. We have only 12 signed up, so the bus is out. But we will car pool, instead. The cost is just $16 for the show, and $4 for each passenger (to help with gas, tolls, and parking), and your cost for dinner. You must confirm by Saturday, August 15 if you wish to go! Confirm to Dave at email@example.com.
7. RSVP to Visit the Historic Volcano Lodge. Let’s car-pool to visit the historic and unique Volcano Lodge in Volcano, California. The visit is September 19. It’s well worth the visit – like a step back through time. We will have a short visit at the Lodge and then walk down the street to a historic hotel for lunch. Can’t beat this memory. Make sure to RSVP to Nancy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
8. RSVP Now to Honor the Grand Master. This Lodge has been around since 1870 – a long time. But in all those years, our Lodge has never had a Grand Master. We have one now when Dave Rosenberg was elected Grand Master of California. It is a tradition going back over 150 years that the home Lodge of the Grand Master hosts a reception for the Grand Master, and we are doing just that on September 12. Please see the attached invitation. We need to have a large turnout of our members to this big event. Lodge members from all over the state will be attending. Please RSVP now for this important reception. RSVP deadline is September 1. Our Lodge should have a good turnout for this event.