Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Thank You to Our Breakfast with Santa Sponsors. We have broken all records with sponsorship donations this year for Breakfast with Santa. Over $5,500 has been raised, smashing the previous sponsor record of $3,100. Thank you to our sponsors, many of whom are members and pledges of this Lodge: The Event Sponsor is Bobby Coyote and Dos Coyotes Border Cafe. Santa Level Sponsors are Patric Ashby and Patricia Grafton, Raquel Silva, Attorney at Law, Nazzy and Brian Pakpour and Pakpour Family Law, David Cougevan and Nicole Davis of Edward Jones Investments, and the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation. Evergreen Level Sponsors are Tandem Properties, Inc., Son Chong and Common Grounds. Elf Level Sponsors are Allison Zuvela, Joyce Trujillo, Elysa and John Hillis and Campus Child Care, Inc., Beth Dovi, Tim Ainsworth, Davis Ace, Lea and Dave Rosenberg, Dennis Corcoran, Law Offices of Roberta Savage, Zachary and Barbara Wochok, Yolo County Supervisor Don Saylor, Yolo County Supervisor Jim Provenza.
2. Breakfast with Santa Tickets Almost All Gone. Breakfast with Santa this year is on Saturday, December 13 (in lieu of our Second Saturday Breakfast meeting). We sell 360 tickets to this event. As of yesterday, there were less than 20 tickets remaining to be sold! Tickets were sold at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds. Tickets are all sold out at Common Grounds. If any tickets remain, they will be available at Avid Reader Active.
3. Club Night at the Lodge This Thursday, December 4. Don’t forget the weekly Club Night at the Lodge on Thursday, December 4, starting at 5 p.m. in the Lower Hall. Dinner (featuring homemade pizza and pasta) is available at 6 p.m. And it’s Trivia Night with prizes and Trivia Master Dave Rosenberg.
4. Music Committee’s Holiday Show Also This Thursday, December 4. The annual Holiday Show, sponsored by the Lodge’s Music & Concerts Committee, is coming up on Thursday, December 4, in the Upper Hall, following the Davis Tree Lighting Ceremony (approximately 7:30 p.m.). The annual Holiday Show is a BIG and fun show, featuring many of the musical performers and groups from 2014. And proceeds will be donated to the Davis Encampment to help send kids to summer camp.
5. Hike Coming Up December 14. Dave Reed and the Take a Hike Committee are planning another hike on Sunday, December 14. Details to be announced. Mark your calendars if hiking is your thing.
6. Bingo Benefitting the Yolo County SPCA is December 14. Odd Fellows Bingo on Sunday, December 14 will benefit the SPCA. Bingo is open to the public. Doors open at noon and Bingo begins at 1 p.m.
7. Three Volunteers Still Needed for Bell-ringing. We help out with bell ringing on Friday, December 19 this year at the Main Post Office in Davis. The proceeds are used to support the children’s shopping spree which allows children from very low income families in Davis to purchase school clothing. We need three more bell ringing volunteers. Two volunteers are needed for the 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m. slot, and one more volunteer is needed for the 4 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. slot. Contact me if you can help.
8. New Year’s Eve Party at the Lodge. For the first time ever, the Lodge will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Party for member, pledges and the community. Tickets ($40 per person) go on sale starting tomorrow at Avid Reader Active and Common Grounds. Doors open for the NYE party at 8 p.m. on December 31, music begins at 9 p.m. (featuring Mumbo Gumbo) and there will be a champagne toast at midnight on January 1, 2015. For more information, contact NYE Committee Chair Juelie Roggli at email@example.com. And, by the way, the committee needs more members and pledges to volunteer to help out – contact Juelie if you can help.
9. RSVP Now for our Annual Installation & Awards Dinner. The annual dinner and awards event is Saturday, January 17, 2015. Tickets this year are remarkably low in price: $15 for members and pledges and $19 for guests. RSVP now to save your seat. RSVP to Renee Liston at firstname.lastname@example.org.